Melton Hill Lake?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrollo, Mar 2, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone have any info. on this lake. My boss and his son are down there right now Muskie fishing. Anybody have any info they would like to share on this body of water? What other species are hitting as of now? They are just wanting to catch some fish, and thought maybe I could relay some info. to them this week.. Thanks....rollo

2. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I have lived within 30 miles of melton hill for more than 40 years. Never heard of a muskie being caught there. There are lots of bass, crappie, cats and even trout there. I dont fish there because of all the polution from the neuclear plants and labs all around the lake. Neculear bombs are made on its banks. May catch the loc-ness monster. If you go way up river past clinton there should be some muskie but the best waters i know of around here is new river in scott county. I saw a 52 incher that came out of there last year.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I never had the opportunity to fish melton hill lake....but used to hear of some Big Stripers being caught several years ago as well as Flatheads.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They were up in the river yesterday with their guide, didn't land any muskie, but had three different ones follow to the boat. Tried doing the figure 8 method, just wouldn't take.. Suposely, the guide they took won a muskie tournament there a couple weeks back..

John, yeah there is supose to be big stripers in there as well.. If they don't get into any muskie today, they said they are gonna try to get into the stripers tomorrow.. Thanks for the info. guys....rollo

5. Skunk_Ape

Skunk_Ape New Member

State:
    tenn.
    Sorry about the late post, but I'm new on here and have lived within a half hour drive of Melton Hill Lake most of my life. Yes, Melton Hill has plenty of muskies, stripers, and catfish. The best fishing of the year may have passed already, I haven't been over there in a couple of months, but during the winter, early, and mid-spring it can be fantastic around Bull Run Steam Plant and Bull Run Creek. Another good area is Carbide Park, nowadays they call it Clark Center Park. I like fishing over there, but I don't eat the fish. As Craddock said, it's been polluted and contaminated for at least 60 years. Trophy fish water, yes, good eating fish, no.