Mellon's Clean Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 12, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wanted to stay close to the house this evening for some family matters, so I figured that I'd go ahead & clean the boat out. We've had this since 2000 (bought new) & it really hasnt had a good scrubbing, today that changed. As of late the boat has stuck something auwful. I havent even had it inside since Flathunter & I had it out last. The smell was just filling up my garage. Keep in mind when I say we haven't scrubbed it, I don't mean that it has never been cleaned or washed, I do that alot. Today I made up some Dawn & Comment mixture along w/ some water, some simply green here & there, some oragne clearner, armor all, & some purple stuff & really cleaned it. I soaked the crapet, BLACK stuff came up out of the carpet, it was pretty gross. The pics below are the final result. I think I worked on it for 3 hours. Man it's hard to keep a small boat clean.

Now Flathuner can (& will) mess it up this weekend. He likes to cut Shad or Skip on the carpet. He has no manners or respect for this boat. :big_smile:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    About time you cleaned that filthy thing, how about making it a little bit wider also!

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How about trying to clean-up an 8x24 ft boat after 4 rednecks -2 dogs (little-ones) catch bait, cut bait , catfish,all weekend. hu

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Mellon,thats a good looking boat-clean or dirty!!!

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thats a nice looking boat. At leats if you do mess it up it means you've been out fishing and that can't be so bad.

6. Catfisher

Catfisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Mellon! That's a first class fishing rig you got yourself there. I agree, it looks great clean or dirty.

Did you buy it new? It sure looks good. I like your approach to mounting the rod holders, too. Looks very stable and strong.

Buy Flat a tub to cut the bait in. Just when I was thinking about a carpeted floor for my boat, I think I'll keep the bare aluminum and blast it out every now and then.

Real nice...

Gary

7. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is the reason I have no carpet. I can just pressure wash it out. My last boat had carpet and it was very ripe after a weekend.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Is that the boat you bled all over? lol

I do agree, that is a nice looking boat!

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    holy crap! boat looks brand new now! thats it, your doomed. its bad luck to clean your boat, no fish for you till it gets filthy again! i never clean my boats.....btw, how did the new rod holder setup work out?

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink,

The Redneck Special Rod Holder worked out great!

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    From the pictures its hard to determine but are those rod holders or "Night Defense weapons racks".They might be flashlight holders,although there doesn't seem to be near enough of them according to Jack.Perhaps you could clarify it for us by giving a brief description of the layout.Where for instance do you store the spare flahlight batteries.That has to be some kind of very large container.:big_smile: :lol: :wink: :cool2: I notice you didn't mention anything about getting the fish slime out of it.I was prepared to laugh very hard at that.The black crap in the carpet was probably powder stains from shooting at all the large noises after they were illuminated.:lol:

12. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa

LMAO :big_smile_2: i bet they are flash light holders. Prob has a set 60,000,000 candle power spot lights mounted all around the boat all ran off 12 volt prob use the live well for back up battery storage just in case you know he doesnt ever put fish in the livewell so may as well use it for something

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    H2OMellon - Sweet lookin' Cat Boat! Next time it needs a 3 hour cleaning it should be Flathunters turn, LOL!

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    James,good one I never thoguht of that,That explains the black crap in the carpet.Its from shifting the 12volt batteries around to meet each new threat.Rubbed the casings off on the carpet.:cool2: :lol:

15. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Is that a B.A.S.S. sticker on the windshield... or maybe it's a ******* pass???

Aaron

TA2D

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys, I have been thinking of somehow mounting a big spot light bracket on the fonrt & a big swiveling spot light bracket on the side. I would be set then!

Guys, the boat sucks! You can be honest with me.

Errors:

#1.) in 2000 we paid too much for it

#2.) We got a 9.9 instead of the stock 20 HP motor. This actually COST us a few bucks, believe it or not. We wanted it for some of the 9.9 lakes around Ohio, but have only went to them a handfull of times over the last 6+ years!

#3.) It's too narrow. Barely & I mean Barely room to turn around when two people are fishing it.

#4.) We got the console. If we had the tiller steer it would have LOTS more room.

#5.) Got the Deep V rather than a semi V. For the waters that we fish, a semi V would have been better.

I think next year I am going to possibly look for a 16 foot Tracker Grizzley or a 16 foot Pro Guide like this. I personally like a smaller boat becasue they take up less room & are easy to maintain, but I need something wider. I wish this Tracker than I have now was 12-14 inches wider. My life would be much easier then!

17. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thats a good looking boat you got there

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I personally hate that boat becasue I have not caught a flathead from it yet!

19. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Mellon,

If you have the seat post in the front deck go with my light pole set-up, you could have it plugged in the front and put a switch back where you guys sit to turn it on and off if will light up better than any flashlight..............Doc

20. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Click here to see Doc's light pole in the library. Great idea Doc.