Mellon was speechless for the first time

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jul 25, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I almost forgot about this...We all know the problems my buddy has in throwing a castnet, however he is getting better:big_smile: Anyway, a couple weeks ago we were fishing and I was throwing my net for shad..A Father and son were watching us nearby, and were amazed at the bait I was catching. They left and came back with a new castnet they just went and bought, wanted me to show them how to thrwo it..I showed the young boy ONE time! On his first throw the net opened perfect, and so did all his other throws..In the mean time Bryan was watching this with amazement..The only words he could say were how in the heck did he do that!

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    yeah that would leave me speechless too

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Poor mellon out done by a kid thats a shame

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Mellon is playing dumb, dont let him fool ya.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Do you really think he is Playing, LOL!!! Poor mellon gettin outdone by a kid, HM HM HM!!!

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Now the way I understood it was Mellon Dosen't have any problem throwing the net he just NEVER gets them back. He just hasen't mastered the art of putting the retrive line around his wrist! Thats a tough one to learn Right mellom hang in there Sir you'll get it some day soon Don't Give up. I for one have faith in you. Did you say the young man got it right the FIRST TIME now thats AMAZING isen't it Brian. These Smartallick Little kids don't have no respect for there Elders any more Do they Mellon Just trying to make us look STUPID. L.O.L. J.D.Straka :big_smile:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Seems like these youngns now day catch on quicker at some thing than the older generation does.I know I have toruble figureing out some of those computor games and my 12 year old granddaughter (one in the pic with me) comes over and starts playing them with no problem. Guess I'm just dumb.Don't feel bad Mellon I have trouble throwing one also.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yes sir!Has anyone else noticed? The dumber Bryan gets,the more of the work that Jack does,the more time Bryan has to catch fish and the less competition Jack is.Sounds like Bryan is on a roll.He seems to have Jack buying it all.That boy is a excellent trainer.Jack,do you have brain damage or are you just a natural?It seems like the harder that you have to work,the less fish you catch and the more Bryan catches.Have you ever wondered where Bryan gets all of his bait when you are not around? I caught on because of experience,not intelligence.Yea! I threw the "Cast Net!"peewee-williams

9. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    One thing I notice when I toss my net is that I get real real tired. My fishin partner is Jack Holskey (Netman Jack) Funny, that a guy with a name like Netman, that I do most of the castnet work. Hey Buddy! One Smart, the other.... apparently ..... not so much!!!!!! GrrrrRRRRRrrrrRrRRrrrrRRrrr!

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I know how you feel flathunter Im always the one that catches the bait and anyone that wants to learn how can throw a cast net. I just dont think mellon wants to learn or may just throw it when no ones a lookin and he has to:big_smile:

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i hate it when that happens, u try something for a long time and then someone else comes and does it right away lol, just kinda humbles you.

12. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I can just see Mellon sitting there with that fake surprised look on his face, but grinning on the inside, thinking "I wonder if I can get that kid for a fishing partner instead of Flathunter. Naw, I'd better stick with the work horse I've already got - he'll catch my bait for me.":big_smile:

Have a nice day.

13. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    fact is that when i taught flathunter jack how to toss a net he got shad VERY 1ST THROW! and that was with about a 10' extension rope added to the throw net rope!

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Poor Mellon. I'm not Maybe you just can't teach an old dog new tricks...LOL.

15. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Don't take it so bad Mellon, the kids a natural. You will just have to rely on Jack to catch you shad for the rest of your life!:lol:LOL