Mellon is a sinker ordering fool, just like me

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Dec 23, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As you know I paid way to much for a bunch of sinkers, then mellon gave me a bunch...I now have 71-lbs of sinkers, i CANT HELP IT i WORRY ABOUT LEAD:big_smile:

Mellon just ordered a bunch, and her is what he has on the way.

100 3/4oz Egg
    100 1oz Egg
    50 2 oz Bank
    50 3 oz Bank
    50 4 oz Bank
    50 5 oz Bank
    50 6 oz Bank
    50 3 oz No Roll
    50 4 oz No Roll
    50 5 oz No Roll
    50 6 oz No Roll

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Jack Merry Christmas.You Know when I First Joined the BOC You were one of the First people to Welcome Me and made Me Feel like I Belonged and I have Never Forgotten it.Thank You again.
    Now here's the Deal if You Ever need Any Sinkers I don't care what size, as I have All the Molds and Lead (Probably 35 or so molds) and around 300 pounds of sinkers made up as we speak,and 300 or so pounds of lead ingots just waiting to melt and pour into molds and I am now retired.Just let me know what you want or need and I will ship them to you,I think we can ship Bulk up to 50 pounds and it only costs 12.00 dollars OK.So Don't go Buying any More Sinkers Ya Hear!!! Only cost will be shipping.Your Friend,J.D.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Your a good man John . Like you , I never forget things like that .

-Jim-

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is quite a lot of lead Jack, what you all do?, Hit the fish with your sinkers until they are knocked out!!??:big_smile:

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Anyone who has fished with Mellon will quickly understand why he needs this much lead around. You can easily find his bank spots as there is lead, goldfish, swivels, beads, bright green Viscious line, all decorating all the trees behind, next to, above and anything he has to cast under....:eek:oooh::crazy: Hesspends as much time retying rigs as he does actually fishing....

Never enough sinkers is his motto......:big_smile:

Dont worry Bryan, with you around, it makes the rest of your fishing buddies feel like they are great casters:wink:

Merry Christmas guys!!

Salmonid

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lots of Lead !!:cool2:

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My grandpaw and parents gave me $ for Christmas. That's where it went. Less than $150 after shipping. :)

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan????? you told me you had over 600 bucks in those sinkers from catfish connection????

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,i would call that being very prepared,or maybe looking into the future,with many snags and cuss words in it.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You know in all seriousness, they prob would be that much if you bought them from Bass Pro! :embarassed:

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I am glad you got a bunch, should last for a few years...Looks like Rodger Dodger aint gonna make any, probably to cold outside for him:big_smile::big_smile:

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cold? Man, the winter is the best time to make them. Your first couple molds might not turn out well, but once the molds get warm, you can crank them out. Two or three guys can, if done right can make more in a half a day than a single person can the entire year. I'm still using the sinkers that Mark, Dink and Nightprowler and I made in one afternoon a couple years ago. If I'm not mistaken we only made 200-300 #'s total that day. With giving so many away, keeping some here and there, loosing them in snags and loosing them in trees (yes I'm bad about that one!) I was prob only down to enough t last for this year and maybe next year. So I did what any idiotic Catfisherman would do, I bought 650 sinkers, weighing over 128 #'s! :big_smile:

I've prob got 100#'s or so of lead in the garage, so I'm ready for Mark's next sinker making party. I didn't realize that I still had that much until I went out in the garage and counted all the 1# ingots. Hopefully I'll have enough for the next couple years to share with all my friends. They will all probably catch more fish than me, but I can supply the lead!

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well i got 175 sinkers from 4-ounce up to 8-ounce and a ton of egg sinkers from 3-0z on down...so i am sure we are set for awile.

i consider hevvy sinkers 4ounces and up the single most important tackle i have.

i could not fish with the light sinkers you get from wallmart,

i was at walmart the other day and they had 2once bank sinkers for 3 bucks each:angry:...can you imagine that.

i say hord all you can get while you can get them.