Mellon and the stuck Anchor

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jun 13, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I forgot to tell this story which happend to us saturday night.
    I was the front anchor boy, and when I went to pull it in it was stuck solid.I tried and tried but could not pull it lose..So Mellon has the idea of putting the boat in reverse and gunning it to try and free the anchor..Mind you now neither of us can swim, and we did not have on life vest. We were in a 20ft hole..As Mellon was giving the boat all it had, I noticed the bow of the boat going lower, and lower, and lower..Finally we were taking on water as the front of the boat was starting to go under...I yelled STOP!, Then Stop agin..Mellon would not listen...I was about ready to crap my drawers I tell ya!

It was then I had all I could take and grabbed a knife, which was dull, and started sawing on the rope..Mellon was still gunning it in reverse when I finally cut through the rope and we were free.....Just a warning for anyone that goes out in a boat with Mellon, where your life vest!

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    wow....since i've been on here he's lost cast nets, frequented pay lakes, hooked himself really bad, and almost sunk a boat. has he always been like this? lol

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    now he has a reason to get a real anchor! im suprised that 3lb thing held you guys.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    3-lb,??? It sure felt alot more heavy than that..I think it cost him 50 bucks.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Maybe me and Mellon are related. I was useing a grapling hook anchor in fast water when I swamped the boat. I didn't have the hook tied in and it went to the bottom and grabbed a rock. The current sucked the boat down before I could grab my tackle box. Everything and everyone went strait to the bottom. It took about 4 hours and about 40 tries the next day to get to the boat, go hand over hand along the side with my knife in my teeth and finally cut the anchor rope. I lost 4 poles and $350 worth of tackle, and almost lost my fishing partner. He couldn't swim!

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I think you should hand the anchor to Melon and have him swim behind boat.

7. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    do you ever just want to slap the hell out of mellon? I dont think i could control my self. lmao

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ha, Flathunter always like the emblish the truth a little. :lol: I dont even think the massive 9.9 HP motor can be "gunned". You get Flathunter around some water & he acts like a big girly man! :big_smile:

Dink this was the big one that I think was 20#. it was the expensive one, however now that small 15 pound one is up front. I hope it will hold. I will fine out Saturday, I guess.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    TIP # 1..............keep you knife sharp when fishing with Mellon.:big_smile:

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im not a real experienced boater but wouldnt it have been easier to idle to where the anchor was and try to pry it loose that way?

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You guys need a camera crew to always be following you.. LOL It could be the next BOC Bloopers video. :lol: Heck, if I could make it up Saturday, I'd volunteer to video. :cool2:

12. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Hmm. See my previous post about H2O.

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gary, we tried everything. It's just one of those things that happen. That was the 1st anchor that I've ever lost, so I guess I am okay. I hear fo some guys who loose a couple every year.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :angry: :sad2: That was my favorite anchor though. :sad2: :angry:

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    dont feel bad melon ive lost a few anchors myself but ive never swamped the boat lol

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I havent been here long but in the short time I have I agree with Dave someone could win some money on bloopers by following them around with a camera. :big_smile: Ive had to use the motor to break the anchors loose on many occasions over the years but Im on a 24 ft. pontoon and not much danger of pulling her under. 777

17. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    You guys got to start video taping everything you do! To funny! lol

One more point to add. Several years ago 2 guys were trolling the delaware bay when they drove their boat over a cut anchor rope that someone had cut do to being stuck. It was a floating line so when they passed over it got wrapped in their prop. As they continued to motor by their stern was quickly drawn down to the point of swamping the boat. The boat capsized and they were rescued by another passing boater. A true story!

18. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    TIP #2...............keep your sharp knife out when fishing with Mellon:big_smile:

19. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Flathunter & Mellon :

Have you too ever thought that there is a black cloud over top of you two's heads, next time you two go fishing look up in the sky and see if it's there, if it is get off the water and go home.

You know there is other stuff you two could do if that cloud is over top of your head you could go to the pond that you have to pay and sit on the bank under a building where nothing can happen. or go to the drive in movies with your boat attached to the back of your vehicle and sit in the seats and throw your fishing rods out and watch the Movie, at least you don't have to worry about losing your anchor.

Mellon I think I have lost two anchors in the last two years , its going to happen no matter what, but paying $50.00 for a anchor is a little high. Where are you buying this thing from www.Makeusrich.com ?

20. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    You 2 sound just like a old married couple……LOL I know don’t ask and don’t tell……LOL