Mellon and the boat ride

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Nov 3, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Many of you might remember this story, to bad you are gonna hear it agin:wink:

Because Mellons wants to get me in his boat again, and promises a smoother ride.

We launched his boat in downtown cincinatti, on the ohio river.

There was so many boats launching we had a 2hr wait, should have been a clue not to go out, be we were stupid:confused2:

As soon as we got on the water the mighty ohio river was so full of boats we had no where to go, there were huge yachts, cigar boata, speed boats of every type, and one barge after another.

We were hitting waves so high I was flying out of my seat a good 2 feet and landing baack down with a hard thud..." note I had back suregery 6months later I think this contributed to it"

We were in wakes so big the front of the boat waS STANDING STRAIGHT UP!!!!! I had a death grip on the seat or I was gona fall out of the back of the boat.

We were in wakes so big his 75hp motor was not even pulling us thru them, I thought we were going under water many times...I have never been so scared in my life, we litterly had no where to go to find calm water.

People in the huge boats were pointing and laughing at us as we we being bucked around as if on a rodeo bull.

Mellons boat is not small it's a 17ft tracker targa...But it was no match for what we encountered.

Now Mellon wants me to do it again, and I will cause I want skipjack.

But he promises a smoother ride:smile2:

2. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Smooth ride huh? Mmmhmm. Good luck Jack!

3. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The things a catman will go to for fresh skipjack... if it helps any I watched a guy pull a nice one off the bridge columns with a jigging spoon the other day, it was big enough to make quite a bit of cut bait for that day. Good luck man, and if it's not too much trouble let me know how you do, cause I think I'd like a bit more of them myself.:wink:

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    wow,good luck,jack.you know,if ya go out in the middle of winter,the boat traffic should be awful low then.........:roll_eyes:

5. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    jack ouch sounds like a roller coaster ride than a boat rick

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, that day was nuts. I've never seen anything like it before. Come to find out, 1.) there was a Kenny Chesney concert at Riverbend, 2.) there was a Reds game and 3.) some kind of riverfront festival at Newport On the Levy. That's why all the boat traffic was there. I was new to the Ohio River so I didn't know this wasn't normal. Now I do..... :crazy:

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    you all be careful rick

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    atleast you weren't scared of it!:smile2: I have a 1756 G3, so I can imagine! Might wanna get a 5 point harness for the flathunter though...:roll_eyes: rollo

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I would think the launching and loading of the boat would be a lot of fun to watch of these two