meldahl pool ramp update

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catcrazed, Dec 11, 2009.

1. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just took a little ride down to the river to check it out. So much debris going down the river I don't think Im gonna try it 2morrow. As for a ramp update though, any ramp that is on the actuall river you can forget it from ripley all the way to aberdeen. The ramp in Eagle creek is in fine shape though if anyone is gonna try it. Personally I wouldnt. Not because Im scared of the big debris, you can get behind barges or stay on the inside bends to stay away from big stuff but the little stuff like leafes are gonna be piling up on lines so fast poles will be completely bent over in no time. I guess I got mixed feelings about the situation though because I would say if you did find some fish you could catch them. They just aint gonna be out in crazy current like that. The banks are prolly gonna be filled with fish, especially inside turns. What do I know though.......... Ive had so many bad trips this year im startin to question oi i can really fish or not.:wink:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks for the info man. I am willing to bet your lines would be covered in no time as well. Im willing to met the only decent ramp to launch from near Cincinnati in the markland pool would be Tanners, just because you don't have to launch into a raging river channel. I am not sure even if I could go this weekend if I would. I have been on the river around 35-36 ft.....I would go a little higher but above 40 is pushing it a little. If anyone does go, be safe and take it slow and easy.

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was going to go to Gallipolis but the broken boat I fixed ran for about five minutes tonight getting shaad from the lake. I guess I'd better find a rehab unit because I ain't gettin no fix this weekend ,barring a miracle.

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Good luck on getting the motor issues taken care of. I know they can be a real headache. After completely modding and rebuilding the front deck of my boat, the thing was out of commission for 2 months this summer because my Outboard decided to be uncooperative. Finally bought a different one. I hope you have better luck than I did and get back out on the water sooner. If not Im sure one of us here on the forum can get you out if the fever sets in too bad :smile2: