Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Mel Price to Chain of rocks

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  catfishcrazee 
#1 ·
I wanted to start this one for all of us who fished Mel Price to Chain of rocks. I will be up that way Friday and Saturday will let every one know how i did.

#2 ·
Where are you going to put in at. I heard that Maple Island ramp was unusual a couple of days ago...that could have changed though I guess. CB will prolly be your best bet.

Good luck looking forward to the report. I fish this stretch a lot and will post up here when I do.

#5 ·
I have a friend that goes in right next to the Cahokia Creek diversion channel that runs just south of Hartford. I guess there is a park there, and you can either walk 3/4 mile to the water on a weekday, or on the weekends the gate is open and you can drive down close to the water. I have also seen people on the North side of where the Missouri pours into the mississippi. From satellite photos it looks like a park there too.

I don't do it, but I see it done when out in the boat, so that is all I know about bank fishing down there.

#14 ·
we use to fish the area but not many fish and all small. not big on the ramp. may start fishing closer to home after last night truck was busted into i hate a$$ holes that do that stuff:angry::angry::angry:

#16 ·
A break in will ruin any fishing trip. The Washington ramp can be a huge pain, especially if alot of people are out at the sandbars. The last 2 times out there have been some guys setting lines down river from me. Sure enough they drive right over the hole I'm fishing and come within 20yds of me. The whole river and they have to drive that close! Saturday night there were 3 boat loads right in a row.

#19 ·
well dad and i fished below the lock last night set up on groups of fish they just would not bite we couldn't find moon eyes but some nice shad and skip jack minnows about 4 inches long are plentiful going back up this weekend to try again boy was i wrong about the bite this time

#20 ·
We went out yesterday for three hours fishing was good seven fish and my buddy GJ got himself a new personal best 31 lbs as far as bait in the area lots of shad, moon-eyes are far and few, and the skips are plentiful but only up to 4 and 5 inches.All fish were on skips and all blues

#24 ·
just got back from Alton the bite is good fish all over thirty bait is not good you will have to work at it did find some nice skips 14+ inch and they are hitting shad for me a first for the year. well go get them. wish i was able to fish longer but will be below chain of rocks tomorrow will fill you all in or just come up that way and fish with us

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.