MEGA SKUNK

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by armyfisher, Sep 23, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    Well i'll tell ya what my buddy armyfisher2 and i went out saturday to sunday afternoon. right before we left i had said the biggest thing we are going to catch was a 2 ounce bream and what happened in 20 hours we caught 3 bream and the bigger one ate the smallest. we did have a lot of fun reguardless though sitting out in the lake. we did have 3 great battles with something it wasn't a stump fish finder showed something big each time in fish form. my buddy armyfisher2 fought one for 4 hours when i asked if he needed a break and took the rod no more than 2 min later wham line snapped apparently ol fish had swalowed the bait and their sand paper teeth scratched through the line, same thing happened to me on my first fought him for a little over 2 hours before the line frayed and snapped from the teeth. the third one broke the rod i managed to get him half way up with one eyelet before the line snapped. so i will tell you this there is an area on clarks hill right under the washington street bridge it gets about 30-60 feet down theres something down there that should be on dang monster quest. well thats all there is to it. armyfisher2 will probally put the pics on here one of these days hes moving to missouri in a couple of days. well everyone good luck out there and catch um good brothers.:roll_eyes:

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Are you for real? I wish I could hang one that took four hours to reel in! What pound line are ya'll using. Sounds like ya'll need some heavier tackle. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    If you aren't running braid, you might want to try it, atleast for this particular MONSTER :wink::eek:oooh::crazy:

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    what a night you guys had lol

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    That must have been the infamous mini van cat. Were ya'll fishin' by the dam? :wink:

6. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    It really doesn't look very good for the line to break just after you took over?

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    That is the first thing that went through my mind. Bigger gear.

8. armyfisher

armyfisher New Member

State:
    georgia
    we are using shakespeare catfish rods shakespeare tiger rods / ugly stik and penn slammers and heavy duty penn/shakespeare/mitchel reels along with 50-150 lbs braided line. trust me when i say it we using great equipment but them fish either are smart or stupid. but with all 3 fights the lines have been frayed from rubbing back and forth on their sandpaper like teeth. heck i pay at a minimum $100 per set, to include rod reel and line. i have never had a problem with any of the gear until now. now i've heard from the army corps of engineers that there are them monsters over there by the dam that would make a NFL center look like a pebble compared to MT. Everest. but hey what can ya do but smile know you had the time of your life fighting a behemoth. well i might not be fishing for a while, my wife and i are going through some real hard times:sad2: if yall can say a prayer that things can work out for us and our kids i would appreciate it, thanks brothers keep catching um.:smile2:

9. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Good luck to you and your family. You are in our prayers!

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    well i might not be fishing for a while, my wife and i are going through some real hard times:sad2: if yall can say a prayer that things can work out for us and our kids i would appreciate it, thanks brothers keep catching um.:smile2:[/quote]

Brother, our prayers go out to you, your wife, and your family, God Bless and hang in there!

11. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Great Story And Prayers Sent...Fishing Has Been Such A Comfort To Me And To You Im Sure ... Reconsider Retiring The Poles ,unless The Poles Have Caused The Problem .LOL. :eek:oooh:.