Meeting IL.member

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MRR, Aug 27, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Got to meet another BOC member today. Eric(Believer) and I meet up at Saverton Dam this morning to try and do a little fishing from the banks(since neither have a boat):sad2: Like Eric said the fishing is great ,the catching is terrible. True today. Didn't really matter if I caught any fish it was great just getting to meet him. He did get to take a couple home though.We tried to get ahold of Hannibal Mike to get him to come over but no answer. Maybe next time.
    So Thanks Eric for P/M ing me this morning to see about fishing.It was fun and it turned out to be a nice day weather wise. Have to give it a try up in your neck of the woods next time.

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, I was great meeting you too! We really ought to have a local gathering so we can all get together and tell some lies! :lol:

I don't know which was more pathetic, MRR's attempt at throwing a cast net or the 2, 4" channel cats that I caught! :tounge_out:

We tried everything we could think of for bait, shad, skip jack, drum, bluegill, stink bait and worms. Still we only came up with one keeper, a 3lber that John caught. It really stinks being shore bound. :smile2:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: Whatcha mean hurry up and learn how to throw that net. I really thought I did a good job of throwing it just couldn't get it to open up like it's suppose to. really think I need a teacher. I'm gonna learn how just don't know when. :roll_eyes:
    Sounds good to me having a mini gettogether some where close by.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I think a local get together would be a great idea!

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Glad you guys got to meet and fish together, now thats true BOC Brotherhood

6. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I think a get together would be great . Why don't you have it some time between the 10th and 17th of Sept. I will be over at LaGrange and can come down. Or have it between laGrange and Louisiana. I am going to be fishing all week. Anyone got a back yard where I can pitch my tent? lol...

7. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    Man I wish I could go. I've been working 11 hrs a day 6 days a week. The money is good but beleive me I'm glad it's a holiday weekend, still working Sat. but i'll have 2 days off. And you know I'm ready to do some fishing. I'm gonna go bluegill fishing in the afternoon and get me some cats in the evening.:lol:

8. catchbigfish

catchbigfish New Member

Yes it sure would be nice to do that,I fish with a member of hte BOC Mocathunter most of the time, as a matter of fact we are going this weekend to catch some big ones and then the 8th,9 and 10th we are having a tournament so I hope that maybe we might meet some members there.Good luck. Joe

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Joe,first of all WELCOME to the BOC.Great place to hang out.Sec where is this Tourn being held the 8-9-&10th? Also where are you from,your profile don't give much info. Anyway it's good to see another member.:cool2: