Meeting Brothers

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SilverCross, Apr 15, 2006.

1. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Well, I met my first two brothers who were RiverCat1 and RiverCat2 down at the boat and tackle show in Bloomington earlier in the year. Two very nice guys. Today I had the pleasure of meeting my third brother, Rat. Another great guy and a very nice family, even the dog, lol. Can't hardly wait to go down to Clinton Lake on the 29th of the month and meet some more and see if I can catch my new all time best. Really have to be a whopper too, have to top a 10.5 channel. Do they come bigger than this???? lol,lol

2. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    We need to have a B.O.C GATHERING for all ILLINIOS b.o.c members this summer.:)

3. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree. It would give me a chance to fish some different waters than I typically get to here in far northern Illinois.

4. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    There are two this year hoss. Check out the gathering links for Catstock and the Midwest Big Muddy gathering.

5. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Yah! Chris is right on!

One in June at Shellbyville and one in September south of Clinton, Ia. on the Mississippi! Great for all of use here up north! Check them out as per Chris's post!

6. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    If anyone gets a chance to hook up with Cat_Hunter, I would say take it. I've met up with him twice in the last week and was quite impressed with his enthusiasm for catfishing. I also met a new Brother that fishes with Cat_Hunter, user name is Ridgerunner. These are a couple of good fellas, they enjoy the sport and I'm darn proud to have met them.
    Rat

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Any recomendation from Rat is good enough from me. Be carefull fishing with him though. All he wants to do is sit around a campfire all night dinking beer and telling tall tales. Either that or about the time you got your lines out just where you want them, he's lible to just jump in the water and swim right over your lines, just to do some silly thing like saving some folks from drowning when their boat capsizes. LOL

8. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Kutter, you remember that storm that rolled through there that afternoon? That was a good old Arkansas blow. Still the biggest waves I've ever seen on a lake.
    Rat

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I think the worst I have seen was not too far from you, Rend Lake. I was camped on the south west side of the lake and had taken the boat up to a cove up on the NE side, under the road bridge. After about 6 hours of fishing up in there, I headed back to camp. When I came out of that cove, I had to hit the breaks hard. To make a long story shorter, I took well over an hour to get to back, idling as close to the bank as I could. I was afraid to get out of swimming range. Even still, I lost a tackle box, one rod, anchor and trolling motor due to the hard swells hitting the boat. Bilge pump was getting hot the whole time and I was bailing water with a bucket, trying to keep up with the water coming over the bow. Was afraid to try to beach the boat, what with those waves crashing along the shore. All in all, a rather nice adventure.

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Rat, I caught the biggest bullhead I have ever seen this afternoon, almost 3lbs. Come on Clinton Lake.

11. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Cat_Hunter, 3 lbs..........That's a monster for this area. I don't think I've ever seen one over a pound and a half. About 90% of the ones I catch are 6-7 inches.
    Rat

12. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Kutter, those are outings that burn themselves into your memory. Stories you can tell the grandkids. Personally, I prefer the ho-hum trips where all you remember is the fish that were caught. Lol My tolerance for drama ain't what it once was. These days I prefer being bored.
    You got me thinking about that Gathering now. If I remember right, we weren't there but about 10 minutes and Bad Karma's boat caught on fire. Mad dash to to the water, grabbing fire extinguishers and dousing flames. Yep, give me boring any day. Lol
    Rat

13. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    OK, met two knew brothers today down at Dewitt bridge at Clinton Lake, Doyle and Joe, really nice bro's, was a good time for all, minus the cold wind, rain and uncontrolable BSing, great day.