Meeting and Fishing with a Brother tonight!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Sep 28, 2007.

Who catches the biggest and/or most?

1. Crab (Scott)

2. Catfishjohn (Me)

3. Both get SKUNKED!!! LOL!

4. Tie Game LoL!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tonight me and Crab(Scott) are gonna go hit a private lake that hes been telling me about. There are supposed to be some huge cats in it. Hes bringing all kinds of live bait and i'll be bringing frozen skippies and shad. I hope the cats are active and feeding tonight after this cold front has been going through. Its gonna get down in the 40's tonight so it'll be chilly. I'll give a report on how we do tomorrow. Then Scott can report what really happened! :crazy::wink::smile2:

Wish us luck! I'll have my digi cam with me so i'll get pics!:big_smile:
    Wonder which one of us will catch the biggest and/or most???:smile2:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ahhhhhh the pre-fishing trip optimism. :big_smile:

Hear it all the time. Man we're gonna slay 'em. I am kind of that way too. Then about mid-trip you start hoping for just one Big one, then you start making deals to just catch ANYTHING!:wink:

Just kidding. Hope you tear 'em up. Good Luck!

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Good Luck John, hope u catch some bigguns.:big_smile:

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Good Luck Going to hit the Ohio River again tonight.

5. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Good luck John. You can't catch em if you don't go. I'll be glad when it gets in the 40es down here. These mosquitoes are bad.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry John. Not to be a pessimist, but I voted that you both get skunked. Not that I want you to, I just think that the cold front will make the cats run, and hide. You will be begging for a bluegill before it's over. LMAO.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Sorry John I picked skunked also, reason is aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I hope you both catch bigguns.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Good luck guys. I hope to be fishing tomorrow. I think the front will do some good...again.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Well,it was kind of a tie. I caught the most(3) but Scott killed me in weight on the 2 he had. He'll be on later,i'll let him tell you about his catch! :crazy::wink::smile2: Lets just say I caught a 5lb channel and 2 less than 5lb flatties. One of his 2 was bigger than mine combined.:confused2: All fish I caught was with cut skippie and shiners. I think Scott caught his with shiners and Israeli Carp.
    Lets just say that he'll probably have a new avatar pretty soon.:wink:
    I'm glad we got together. He is a really good guy and very knowledgeable in fishing. I think we both learned new things. We are definitely planning on going again soon.
    BTW,The fish were biting really good. There were several fish missed and a couple got off. This front really turned them on big time!!! :big_smile:

Thanks to all of you that voted for me(0)...I'll return the favor sometime...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

10. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Guys we had a Blast!! I cant wait to go again, had good company and the fish cooperated. I caught an 11 pound Blue and a 21.4 pound flattie wohooo it was a good night . As john said I missed a few but all in all it was agreat time. Thanks John for the good company! We will hit it again soon.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Don't be modest...Let them know of your new achievement!!! :wink::big_smile:
    I sent you the pics also. I'll try to get a couple on tomorrow unless you wanna put them on. BTW, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Yes it was my personal best Blue and flattie all in one night wohooo!!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    11.12lb Blue and a whopping 21.4lb flattie. I had the pleasure of being netman on both and they were impressive fish. The big one(not sure on other) was caught on a wildwolf katbobber. Great night!!! His daughter caught a 9lber and it was a beauty also!!!:big_smile:
    Congrats Scott!!!:wink::big_smile:

14. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Holy moly guys.....Ya'll have earned my biggest smile of the week !!! A congratz on not one but TWO pb's ! Sounds like you guys had a great time meeting each other,,,pretty inspiring. Like I said before this time of year after a cold front comes in I have luck...glad I was correct. Well tonights my night boys : ) Thanks for posting your adventure from beginning to end. Congratz again and thanks for sharing.

15. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Oh I forgot to ask what time they were hitting ? I seem to always have a good window between 1am to 4am after the front. I dont see much before or after. Either way I'm out there for 10hrs usually.

16. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go guys, sounds like you had a good time. Scott congrats on your PB's.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    They were pretty much hitting from 6 something till midnight. When we left the bite had slowed down but I have the feeling they would have bit all night. It got pretty cold and I felt lousy so we left a little after 12. We'll be doing it again soon for sure. :big_smile:

18. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Thanks guys! Like John said they bit just about from the time we got there untill we left, but had slacked off when we left. John is the best net man Ive ever had:wink: he dose a great job! Maybe next time I can be his net man for his personal best! I have a feeling if we hit it a few more times he will have his largest fish to date. I have to thank the board also because I have made some great friends and at least one new great fishing bro and im sure ill meet a few more in the future. Ive also learned alot of new things and have picked up some great products from the sponsors(wild wolf prod.,lupper rigs,etc) the big pb flattie I caught was on the wild wolf bobber as John said. This place is a wealth of knoledge and a peck of fun thanks guys!!!:wink: