Meet up at Madison?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by CatHunter24, Aug 29, 2009.

1. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I know its been done already...and I know some guys are meeting up sometime soon at the wabash. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting up and fishing either the weekend of Oct 17 or the 25. Either at Madison, Rising Sun, or Lawrenceberg. I would like to meet some BOC members and that is my break from school, thought about coming down that way and wanted to meet some indiana guys from the BOC. This would not be an official gathering, but a chance to meet up with some good guys and fish. Let me know your opinions and thoughts.

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    curtis i willing to hook up maybe burg at tanners

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    curtis, youve got my number. just let me know

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am fishing a tourn. one of those weekends at madison, but the other weekend would work for me I will let you know. I will go where ever you guys want.

5. NO1HUNTER12

NO1HUNTER12 Member

State:
    INDIANA
    TANNERS OR RISING SUN WOULD WORK FOR ME. LET ME KNOW

6. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    After talking to some people I think that Tanners Creek would work the best, it has a lot of parking and area for launch. I am waiting to hear from a few guys on the dates they are availble out of those two weekends...I know there is a tourney in Madison one of the weekends as Skippi mentioned. Any of you guys interested in coming bringing boats and have room? I know Kyleco55 and Indycatman will be looking to get on the water...I may have a spot if my buddy whom I had planned to fish with prior to making this a meetup with BOC members doesnt come. I would like to see everyone have a ride...so if you think you will be there and have a spot either post it or let one of those 2 guys know. :cool2:

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ok guys, found out the specifics on the tournament at Tanners. There will be on on Oct 17 from 8 am -4 pm.....so either we can fish that friday evening...and get off the water before the tournament starts....go that saturday evening after the tournament is over....or wait til the following weekend of the 25th and do either friday or saturday or both if people would like to camp etc. Lets hear some input on what people think and what works for them

8. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey im game to go just let me know when and where

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    hey curtis feel like doing tanner and if so how bout oct 23 that is a friday night anyone else game

10. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

THe 23rd or 24th would probably work for me Jimmy, possibly both. Not sure how things are looking as to room in my boat yet. Lets get some votes on the 23rd or 24th or both....and lets get an idea who is coming. I plan to be there with my boat. :roll_eyes:

11. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sounds like fun. I havent fished tanners creek yet. If Im off and can afford the drive down me and bigcatfish64 will try to make it. I have my own boat but isnt big enough for 3. Deer hunting starts the 1st of oct. and waiting to see how the park/military hunts are set up. I will let you know when it is close to october. Not sure on the date but it should be ok.

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I could probably make it up there on any of those dates. I will let you guys know that there is a tourney from my local club in Rising Sun on Oct 24th from 9am-4pm. I plan on fishing it, so that will decide whether or not I drive up to L'burg. You are all welcome to fish if you decide to have it in RS. I can give more details if anybody is interested.

I can fit 4 guys in my boat real comfortably, all with captains chairs. (20 foot crestliner) So I should have room for a guy or two to jump in my boat if I make it up. Just let me know what's going on.

13. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im stoned. haha. Damn kava kava

14. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Just keep us posted. I should be able to go since my school load is starting to slow down a little.

15. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah just let me know what you guys plan to do when it gets closer to the time...im like max and am fishing a local club tourney that same day. but if its another time or even that night maybe i can make it up. and i can fit one or two on my boat as well.

16. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ok sounds like there is a local club tournament the 24th at Rising Sun...and that is tying a lot of guys up. Well the weekend of the 17th there is a tournament at tanners on saturday from 8-4. So, maybe Rising Sun on the 16th or 17th? I am not sure how heavy people will be out prefishing the 24th tourney.....and if that would be a problem. Rising Sun isn't much further for me I am not familiar with the area though, Ramp wise....campground/facility wise. Maybe someone familiar with Rising Sun can speak up and discuss our options. Feedback from others on Rising Sun v. Tanners v. other ideas is welcome as well.

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    be concerned with either one of those tour. Other than when the guys from rising sun can get there. Theres plenty of ramp space at either and also plenty of places to fish. Those tour. dont bring out the boats like the one this weekend does. There is a nice camp ground that is cheap in rising sun, camp shore camp ground, 1-765-438-2135. address 8548 SR 56. Allot of shade and clean We stayed there a while back. Wound up spending the night in the storm shelter though. Wound up leaving a day early because the storms wouldnt go away. Had one tent destroyed and a 12*12 pop up due to heavy wind.

18. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Any more news on the potential day?

19. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i'm up for it and should have an open seat:big_smile: just give me a time and place