meet my new squirrel gun

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by flatheadchris, Dec 29, 2006.

1. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    i call it "THE ONE":lol:

i found it at the flea market for only 85.00 and it came with a box of shells

savage arms model 949

12 gauge 3 inch chamber
    20 inch barrel[sounds like a friggin tank]

nice spread at 35 yards

i wasted 200 rounds yesterday tryin it out,not 1 misfire or any problems:cool2:

my arm doesnt feel to well today though hehe,anyways i just wanted to show off my 85.00 squirrel gun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

note* i already cleaned the dirty grimmy rust oil out of it,so its clean now

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I like them ol single shots, got a 410 that I love. Id say itd get the job done and you done good.

3. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Congratulations on your new shotgun.
    Looks like a nice one.

I am still lookking for a used 410 pump or an over and under 410 for my grandson or maybe a 20 ga. pump.

Anybody seen one for sale?

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I have several single shot 410s and a few 12 gauge. Been picking them up over the years when I run into them. Prefer the 410s. Have my grandmothers old 410 that is about 70 years old. The shotgun not my grandmother.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I seem to remember the best gun for those tree rodents was a single shot .22 rifle. With a box of 50 shells, I got about 45 of them. When I upgraded to an automatic .22, the average went to about 12 per box of shells. BUT, I could sure make noise. When I took out the shotgun, I got ridiculed so bad I quit hunting with the shotgun. LOL

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    That was the shotgun I got started on it was 410 that belonged to my grand pa I learned to keep a couple shells in my left hand I could shoot it so fast people wouldn`t belive i was shooting a single shot I killed a lot of squirrels with it to:big_smile_2:

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great buy Chris,Thx for posting pic.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris it looks like you got a bargin. I too love those single barrels. Thanks for sharing the pics.:cool2:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. that will work. i use a 20 guage single shot NEF pardner model 3" capable. i just shoot low brass cheap win super speed 7 1/2 shot. i have kept some for mounting so it really doesnt tear em up. and if i am close i just shoot 3-4 " to the right or left so the full blast dont hit em and tear em up.

nothing funner than running after one that is spooked jumping from tree to tree like a mad daredevil reloading while looking up.:tounge_out: sometimes it takes me 4-5 shots before i knock em down.:angry: one thing about a .22, i would have lost many. they run for holes in trees and i aint good enough to hit one on the run with one projectile.

10. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Looks like a great buy chris

11. fastalker

fastalker New Member

State:
    south carolina
    My squirrel gun is an over under .22/410 works nice second shot is 410 cause he's usually on the run if you miss with first shot.LOL