Meet and Greet Results

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Oct 5, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    What a great time on the river. It was nice to meet all of you guys and spend the day on the water.
    As for my brother and I we stunk pretty bad. One fish for around 2lbs and two crabs.
    Ron and Chris put a fatty in the boat (see pics).

Shirley and her husband and son also had a nice day.

Rick said they had a couple of keepers as well.

Lets do it again sometime!

Attached Files:

2. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It is so much more fun when there's a group! I think we ought to do this at least once a month! (I aint skeered of the cold if ya'll aint!) Not sure about everybody else, but with the rotating shift that I work, it doesn't always gotta be on the weekend! Thanks to everybody:big_smile::big_smile:

3. catfishangler

catfishangler New Member

State:
    virginia
    i thoughr it was pretty cool and would love to do it again.and thanks for taking the pic. I can only take credit for one of those fish though the other one is my father inlaws. hey but atleast i FINALLY come home with the big one for the day. lol

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I couldn't make the meet and greet. I had forgotten about the work on Tree Stands Day I got roped into. I am glad y'all had fun. Now that its starting to cool down, I have the catfishing itch. Admittedly I am go more once the hunting seasons are done which coinsides with the excellent cold water bite. Hope to see all of you on the river this winter.

5. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
  6. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Remember the $1 bet? We all know who the last dollar goes to!

$1 for the first fish
    $1 for the most fish
    and
    $1 for the BIGGEST fish!:tounge_out:

7. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hmmm... we caught 6 total.. all under 10 pounds with the exception of the last one.. Did anyone have much luck catching bait..other than the little thread-fins? We soaked our net at Deep Bottom for quite a while with only 3 cutters to show for it.

We set up at the mouth of the sand pit for a while and had lots of bites..caught one on a shad head but that was about it.

8. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    Bait was thin ...I use a 8' throw net and got it hung and broke a few lines ....but i did manage a 15lb carp on 1 throw..and 4 nice cutters....you never know what you gonna get:tounge_out: deep bottom baithole

9. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    Nice vid Great catch:big_smile:

10. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the video. Yeah, we caught some white perch, and a few bream, that's what Nick was playing with when he caught the 14 pounder (on my Ultra light rig set up with 20# test-My striped Bass rig!) It was fun watching him pull that one in!
    Technically, we caught 3 catfish-mine was about 6oz:big_smile:, Bryant got a 13# and Nick got the 14#. If we include the bait we got I guess we brought in about a dozen +/- baitfish...left the cast net at home:roll_eyes:

11. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Nice video, Chris your like the Speilburg of the James:big_smile:

How did D. Alison do? I think I read he was still rocking! Get your sea legs Dave. Great to meet you all.

12. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tom brought in the largest fish 24" maybe 5-8lbs, hard to say. I pulled in some little ones. I took a picture of Tom holding his catch for his avatar. At one point Tom got some heavy hits on his eel and it took a run with the bait. That sums up the catch. I had a great time, next time we'll get the monsters.:big_smile:

13. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Next month I'm comming up and launching at Dutch Gap and going after Blues. Want to try and land a bigger one than tomcat put me on a couple of Feb's ago. Going to try and get the wife to come along but want to offer any Kayaker's out there. Will post when I get the date worked out.

Patrick Hill

14. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Pat I keep my boat in the water now. If you wanna go just say when. Theres no need to drag your boat up here. Me and Big John going hog hunting wednesday and thursday night. Wish us luck.

15. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck... have to work...

16. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks to all who showed! Just wish i would of had more time to chat, i had a bad ground wire and by the time i i got it straight most of ya had gone out to fish. Had a great time and a few small ones. David got 1 bout 5-6 lbs. i got 1 say 8-9 lbs i guess. Saw a huge sturgeon close to 5 feet long dead floating near the power lines below Jordan point. Hope we all can do it again real soon:big_smile: Good luck and see ya on the water!

17. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear about the boat..

I saw the same sturgeon up around Dutch Gap... It must have been hit by a boat..I did not take a real close look at it..big fish!!!:eek:oooh:

18. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    As far as catching a monster the video was great. I've gone on youtube and watched people pull in large James River cats. That's really helpful if you've never landed one......like me. I think I'll be able too when the time comes. It looks like it was played nice and easy just bring it in slow, don't break your line. Kinda wear it out a bit....I guess. I have a good rod that shouldn't break... I'm looking forward to my day. That's one of the best video's I've seen. It's cool it's right in my hometown area too. That makes it extra special.:wink:

19. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice video! Thanks for sharing that one with us!:smile2: