Meeces all to peices

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    winters coming and all the mice have left the feilds and over run my house . friday night i bought 8 spring loaded snap traps since then iv caught 23 mice last year i didnt see that many but i didnt have a dog and i put out poisen this year i have to trap them in fear of killing my boxer . mice i hate them but im stocking up on channel cat bait .

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    we lived virtually 20 feet from a cornfield a while back and i have had to put out all the traps ive ever seen and then supplement with a pellet gun LOL
    then to top it off the snakes would come in after the mice.
    my wife was not likeing that place after we had a 4 foot ratsnake/cornsnake take up residence under the bedroom dresser one fall.
    we were living in a trailer and there were some large holes for plumbing and electric under that puppy i had to patch in.
    3 years and we were outta there. i miss the location but not the mice and snakes .true value had some neat little gadgits that you bait and they are trapped alive and you reuse it over and over. it remided me of a large bug motel .
    i am going to get one for our garage this year .
    i got a fiesty little kitten for the house , i hope she can take care of us in that role .we aint getting her declawed like the other one is .

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Okay....she's not declawed, and she's fiesty. Like I said on another thread, tried to take on the snake who got in here two weeks ago. She didn't want to deal with that three foot black snake a couple years back in the fall though......just jumped around in the cabinet where it HAD been afterwards.
    So are you saying I might have MICE Darryl :wink:??? (I WOULD be interested in the large bug motels bro, MAYBE. Is there poison in 'em, or would the mice just be stuck to something while still alive? I've HAD some of those "glue" traps. I'd rather break their necks.)

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    tanya the trap i was referring to is made by victor and its a combonational one you can either dispose of it or reuse it . the model no. is m323

heres a link . it says it catches up to 4 of them .http://www.victorpest.com/live_mouse_traps.htm
    i would think if your seeing snakes then they are there for a reason :crazy:
    mice will bring them on LOL

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is one I use in my shop. Just wind it up. Works pretty good.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Try these,they work great and are pet safe.

Attached Files:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Catch and release mouse traps.... what's the world coming too. :smile2:

I'd like to know something that would work on pack rats... and not the catch and release kind. The only thing I know for sure that works is the 12 gauge pump.

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Pellet gun lmao! DRC, you slay me! I lived in a place like that several years ago. It was in town, but was like a rodent sanctuary. I would shoot them, the dogs would kill them, I had traps of all kinds including the wind-up live traps. You could hear them rolling dogfood around in the ceiling all night. I put out 6 boxes of D-Con one day, and it was all eaten within a few hours! Grrrrrrr!!!!! I don't think it killed them either. :eek:oooh: Snakes would have been a blessing! :embarassed: Glad I moved, and that shack got tore down!!! I know that a couple get in this house too because I find their "presents" occasionally, but never really see, or hear them.

9. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have seen them!
    I say we get a cat to take care of the couple we have.:wink:

10. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    They have a right to be filthy, bothersome, and down right stink to high heaven if they die in your house!!! I say we get Postbeetle working on training that hawk!!!

11. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I rented a house in Georgia a few years back and it had mice. Or should I say small rats. I tried everything, I didn't want to poison them because of my cats and neighborhood cats. I tried traps with cheese and nothing. They would set off the trap and eat the cheese. I called my landlord and told her, well she brought over traps I already had, and cheese slices. Duh, I already thought of that. I called her back and she sent over the terminator guy, but she was like me afraid of killing the cats in the neighborhood. The exterminator set out steel wool laced with baking soda. A mouse, rat or rodent can't burp. So the soda caused gas and they died. Needles to say I only had 1 die in my house and they are stinky. Luckily I only lived there for 1 mouse season.

12. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    you would have laughed at me for sure if you seen my episode one evening there. we had a large pack of traps , the regular ole finger snapper types
    and each one was baited with something differant from peanut butter ,to pop corn ,corncurls .cheese crackers you name it.
    they were smart and very wary . i guess they allready had their heads narrowly missed or smelt death from there pals that weren't so lucky before them . well it was takeing its toll on my patience .
    i didnt like being out smarted by a little pesty creature that liked my snacks as much as i did .
    so i had the benjimen pumped up 2 cocks and waited up late one night to see this houdine of a mouse that was getting past all my traps and helping himself to my boxed food .
    after 2 beers (i never counted the ones in between) i was about to fold my cards and give up for the night when right in front of the aunt jemima maple syrup bottle that was on the bottom shelf of my home made lazy susan
    pops up this little dwarf mouse !!!!! he had to be a runt or maybe he was just a very clever young one , but his number came up as i took aim and popped his A . i was feeling pretty pleased with my self , thinkin how great an aim i was as it popped him clean in the skull or so i thought , as it turned out aunt jemima got her A capped as well and i didnt know this till the next day when i found the empty plastic bottle and the sticky goo on the lazy susan shelf and under it not to mention all over the bottoms of everything else on that shelf:angry:. dang miserable meeces

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    update i now have killed 32 , let me be the first to tell you all if you have two you have two hundred , you best kill them quick before they multiply . im setting here typing this and just caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye theres another roddent looking up at me from under my desk and one behind the tower of my pc . they are a plague to mankind , retched little creatures i wish death upon them all .

14. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    chuck get a couple farm cats
    we got a farmer over here always has kittens they are born and raised in a barn so they are mousers i wish i could send you a couple .

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah but i hate cats and my boxer would kill them before they done their job any way . so il just have to continue with the bothersome finger snapping traps and kill as many as i can till they finally get the point .

16. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i thought our boston would have problems with this little rat i mean cat:wink:
    but they are buddys now. i'm glad an eye wasn't lost dureing their getting to know each other routine:smile2:

17. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Get a Rat Terrier or a Jack Russell Terrier. Those dogs will chase and kill mice for hours, or until you make them stop.

18. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I had a friend who had a rattle snake which he kept in a cage.The guy was complaining that he had to buy live mice to feed the snake so I built him a live mouse trap.It was a smiple wooden box trap with a sheet metal trap door but worked every time.He had to reset it every day because it would only catch them one at a time but he could catch more mice than the snake could eat.

P.S.It was a sight to see when he would throw a live mouse in the cage with the snake.