Medium to Light Tiger Ugly stick - Help me match this rod with a reel!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 11, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Since I'll get my Tiger Ugly Stick from EBAY in about a week, would a Ambassadeur 7000c3 be to big for this rod? It is rated at 12-30 lb. test, just didn't want to overpower the rod, was wondering if a 6500 would be a better choice with this rod.

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I fish both 7000's (when I'm after flatheads) and 6500's (blues and channels) off of my Ugly Tiger rods and have never had an issue. I think the Tiger can handle about anything you can hook with it in fresh water.

3. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Had a little problem in getting my rod, seems that the individual who was selling the rod miscalculated his shipping charge, 'OR THAT'S WHAT HE HINTED'--instead of 15.00 he was told it would cost 60.00 to send the TIGER Rod from Sandiego California/sorry don't know my spelling---so the deal is off. Pretty heart breaking news---I'm not believing that it'd be 60.00, I think someone was going to give me more than I offered on EBAY and decided to skate out of the deal.

4. Toomanyrods

Toomanyrods New Member

State:
    Atlanta Georgia
    I just picked up a 7' M tiger Ugly Sick from Wally World marked down. I think I saw on another thread that someone else had too. You may want to check them out.

5. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    The one here in O'fallon Illinois has not much of anything. I wish I was back in Wichita falls TX. there I had alot to choose from. The Super Walmart here has alot to be desired, told the guy yesterday if they would sell the TIGERS that they'd sell out in no time, he thought I was crazy.