Medium action Quantum Big Cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catchaser1, Jul 21, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    How is the medium action quatum big cat rod for tight lining and cirlce hooks? Is it too soft? My buddy has some that are medium heavy, just wondering how the medium would be

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brad for circle hooks the med action should do a good job for you. All of my QBC rods are medium heavy. They have performed well for me but recently there has been some post of some Quantums breaking above the reel seat. I don't know if this has been resolved.

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Brad, I know they'll land big fish. A friend of mine caught a 56lb. bluecat recently with a medium action Big Cat rod. I've got pictures of the fish and have been meaning to post them, but been very busy lately.

4. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    this is not what you asked but i had a med. action that broke leading a rather small channel to net . It broke between the third and forth eye , i replaced it with the ugly cat which has the blank through construction , the quantum does not , and i have not had any problems using 4oz. plus bait with the ugly cat which is the same wieght the quantum is rated for and the white ros is easier to see in low lighy if needed .

5. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I have broke 4 Quantum big cats in the last year and will not buy another one. The have got a hold of some bad blanks. Customer service will not give me the time or day to even tell them the problem. I have some old modles that are 5 years old now and wouldn't trade them for the world.

6. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    I agree with Jeremy, I have broke 5 rods and will never own another one!!!!!!! They are a piece of S**t!!!

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    BTW, this was the older model rod that Jeremy spoke of, not the newer ones that I have two of and am waiting to break! If I could afford the Surge rods like some of you rich folks, thats what I'd have, LOL!