Medium Action Quantum Big Cat fishing rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tnkatman, Apr 30, 2006.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Does Anyone Own A Quantum Big Cat Med. Action Rod ? If So How Flexible Is The Tip ? Do You Think This Rod Would Be Good For Fishing From The Bank With Circle Hooks In A Rod Holder. Thanks, Any Info. Is Appreciated.

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    The tip is pretty sensitive but I have not tried circles with them yet....that being said I love mine for the eater size Blue cats and Channel cat fishing. Whats your target cats and weight? If you would like...give me a few days and I will test out the Quantum Medium Actions with circles and get back with you on it. Are you using mono or braided lines..I will try to set mine up to fit your style.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got one, and while I don't use circles all that often, I do use kahle hooks, which allow me to put the rod in a holder and wait for it to load up, just like a circle hook. It works great!

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I've got a couple of them. Just the right amount of give in the tip so you can fight the fish instead of winching it to the boat. LOL They work great and I agree with Jtrew totally. Circle hooks are for sissies!! LOL Hmmmm...I think I better get out of here now!!:oops:

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Actually, there are a couple of reasons I use kahle hooks instead of circles. They are definitely cheaper. And if you happen to be holding the rod when you get a hit and give a big pull with the rod to set the hook, the kahle digs in, rather than sliding out of the cats mouth. Since it is also self-hooking like a circle, I get the best of both types. I do use circle hooks fishing right in a logjam or bunch of snags or timber because they seldom hang up.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Any of you gents know where I can get a couple of these rods. I have a few med./heavy action casting Big Cats, but I'm looking to buy 2-med. action spinning or casting 7 1/2' rods. I see that Catfish Connection has them in a 9' rod but I don't want one that long. Any info appreciated, THANKS!

7. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I never thought of that. But it stands to be true doesn't it? Good tip.