Medical Problems

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Nov 12, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I was ask to do this so here goes best I can.
    PK Pat P owell says the doctors tells her she has some sort of inflamation on here skin and it has went into her joints .Therefore that is suppose to be what is making her stiff and hurting all the time. Only problem is doctors say they don't know what is causing it and they have no known test for it.
    Says she hasn't felt like getting on the BOC or on the Computor at all.She is suffering from a very serious case of DEPRESSION. I"d say she is in dire need of a lot of prayers and support.Lets all hope she can get through this and get back to her old self.She loves to fish and can't even do that right now.Legs won't let her.She thanks you all for your kindness.

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks John. I hope she feels better soon.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    First John thank you very much for telling "our fishin family" that I haven't dried up and blew away. I'm still here,and I still deeply love all of you.As John said, I have this inflammation that I've been in the hospital for and no one could tell me what was wrong.Finally through advisement from a neighbor I decided to try a small town doctor that practices medicine at a small town hospital. I have found this out,don't go brushin off the little guys and gals that practice medicine in small towns.They could very easily put your big city doctors to shame. My diagnosis is Poly(many) Myalgia(painful muscles) Rheumatica (painful joints). I may be on steroids for up to two years cause steroids combat inflammation. There are lots of side effects with steroids so I don't need or want to be on them any longer than what is nessasary. I won't bore you with a real long post,just wanted you to know that I'm still around. About the Depression. John is correct in that statement. Now I don't want anyone getting scared cause I have no intention of PERMENTLY taking care of the depression. My Religious Beliefs forbid me to take any actions such as that,so when I have the urge to cry I just cry,but when I'm crying I won't be talking to anyone except possibly MMR.It's embarrassing for me to lose control of myself with this sadness and John and I well we're pretty close. God never chose to give me a Brother and since my family and I got to meet him this past May at the Missouri Gathering He and my husband and kids well........we just clicked so thats why I say MMR may know why I'm not postin and sending PM's but the rest of ya I just don't talk much when I'm really down. Being 48 with teenagers who have school activities and I can't be there to cheer them on it cuts pretty deep. Guess I'm just not ready to have the signs and symptoms of growing older,and I don't think I'll ever be a person who gets sick and just lays there with no hope. If that ever happens quite honestly I'd just as soon go on. Well now ya know. As I said I love you all,think positive thoughts about me and for me,and if ya seriously believe in bending a knee and talkin to the KEEPER OF THE STARS I'd be mighty appreciative of that also. I go back to my doctor in two weeks I'll know more then,hopefully I'll feel better,cause he(doctor) wants me to strive to excercise(walking) and weight watchers to control one of the side effects that is weight gain. Ya all have a good evening, I love you all Brothers and Sisters Pat Powell Member since October 2005

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    You hang in there Pat, please don't take this the wrong way, I kinda can relate with my own dealings, and when it gets tough I look back to an old friend of mine who always told me, " Just remember youngen, no matter how bad it seems, there is always someone else just a bit worse off " yes there were a lot of times in the beginning of this with me that I thought yea right, but I would just think about the person that was maybe in the same boat, only they don't have the folks from the BOC to talk to about it, or to ramble on about it........ that always gives me a smile, especially on the days when the smiles are running far and few, :wink: :big_smile:. Just remember some days it's the petal and other days it's the thorn, no matter what end the day starts with your still holding the Rose. all the days there is someone some where to help ya "row this boat" will add ya to the prayer list from over here across the big river! :big_smile::big_smile:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Randy for your kindness and support. It is much appreciated.:big_smile: Pat

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Pat it was good to hear from you, I sent a pm to catgirl last night because I haven' seen you posting and was worried about you.
    Hang in there and know that you have prayers from Iowa.
    Sharon

7. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Sister Pat, you get feeling better! I know it's not that easy, so if you don't feel much like being positive or optimistic, then just get good and cranky. That way, the folks around you get twice as much done.
    :smile2:

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good to see you on here Kiddo.Glad you got on and explained that great big word(I wasn't even gonna try):roll_eyes:Also you can tell what ails you better than I can. Just don't be a stranger cause some of us does care. Hang in there and hopefully this country doc will get you up and running again.We still got that fishin trip to do and I don't plan on pushoinmg you in a chair to the bank.You'd wind up in the water for sure if I had to do that.
    Now you know you've got a goal to meet.Be back on your feet and running by middle of May,08.Thats right at 6 months away. Get-R-Done!!