Medals for mothers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mark J, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I usually listen to music while online from my cd collection.
    Tonight I was sifting through cd's and came across one of my long favorites I haven't spun in awhile.
    I'm more into the hardcore grass then the contemporary grass but their is one contemporary group that puts out some good music with it's roots still anchored in some of the hardcore grass evident through some of it's songs giving them a variety.
    The cd I plucked tonight was IIIrd Tyme Out return to the MAC.
    A live recorded album at the Mountain Arts Center or MAC.

My favorite song that I feel everyone will enjoy and every mother would enjoy is a song entitled Medals For Mothers.
    Powerful music.

Second on the list of this album would be Drifting To Far From Shore.
    A gospel song.

And I can't leave out Lost John, an old fiddle and banjo tune that showcases talents by the bucketfull.

To me you are hard pressed to find more talent then seen in Bluegrass.
    There are no cheating power cords and you hear actual singing.

If you ever get the chance, IIIrd Tyme Out is always a good listen.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Mark, I will have to give them a listen sometime. I have several friends who have recommended them. Probably have heard some of them on Mountain Stage but never knew it was them. The MAC is an awesome place to see any band/musician play. We have been there several times over the past 5 years. Goose Creek Symphony is the band we usually go see and stay at the little hotel right next door. We were up there a couple of years ago when they had the flood and the Red Cross was in town helping the people there. Well Goose Creek donated their earnings that night to the Red Cross because that is where Charlie Gearheart, one of the band leaders, is from. We have enjoyed staying in that area and vacationing.

Have you ever been to the MAC? If not, it's well worth the trip.! Thanks for the suggestion.