Medahl Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by kykatattack, Oct 8, 2006.

1. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    JUST GOT BACK GOOD NIGHT FISHING FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS CAUGHT
    3 BLUES 28 LB 19LB 12 LB
    7 STRIPERS 4 TO 10 LBS
    4 CHANNELS 5LBS 7LBS 8LBS 9LBS

H.U.F.O
    HOOK UP
    FISH ON :big_smile:

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Those are some nice catches there. Were you fishing from a boat or fishing off the wall or bank on the Kentucky side? Looks like the river is up about 6 feet still down there on the low side.

3. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    fishing the wall with skippys and shad on floats about 12 to 14 feet. water up a little letting current pulling me in a circle. i was casting straight out at the edge of the lock wall current pulling back to the dam wall

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice, it's good to hear someone getting into the fish locally. This has been by far my worst year for catfish. With the river being up at the wrong time and schedule conflicts, I haven't fished the river since July sometime. In any other given year, I'll be out on the river just about every weekend.

5. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good post. Did you catch the shad and skipjack off of the wall or someplace else? I might go there Sunday morning and try it for a few hours. What were you getting the stripers on? A few of them sound good for dinner.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Out of that river?????????::eek:oooh:

I'm just kidding, I know they're supposed to be safe. :wink: I just don't trust eating anything out of there. Hope you have some good luck though.

7. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    caught skipjack on white twirl tail grubs on the low side of dam caught shad on upper side in net caugt 2 stripers on the grubs 5 on live shad and all cats on skippys on ky side
    hufo