Meatloaf

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Dec 28, 2006.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My girlfriend likes Meatloaf...the singer. I give her a hard time about it all the time. VH1 even voted "I would do anything for love" the #1 all time worst rock song ever. Just wondered what the fine folks of the BOC think of Meatloaf. I was going to post this in HI so I could bash Meatloaf fans, but that's not very nice.:cool2:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    bash away matt , i like meatloaf atleast some of it but then i can listen other groups as well , eagles acdc stix leonard black sabath reo arosmith icp cars bruce clapton alan jackson kid rock hank jr should i go on :lol: if you can stand country music you can listen to it all

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    As a matter of fact I have a Meatloaf cd in my cd player and I was listening to it on the way home from work tonight!!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    MMMMMM! Meatloaf! Served cold on a roll with mayo! LOL!

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It just so happens my wife made Meatloaf for dinner today and as always it was very good! Oh wait, I'm sorry your talking about the singer! I will say this much, he done vocals on Ted Nugents "Free-For-All" album back in the 70's and the one song on that record called "Together" is one of my most favorite songs of all time. Now as far as his solo stuff goes - I don't care much for it!

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    No one who knows anything about music can honestly deny that Meatloaf is a great singer whether you like the material he does or not. However, the real talent is Jim Steinman, the guy that wrote most of Meatloaf's songs. Most people don't hear about him but he's written some really good stuff. Anyone who lets VH1 determine who is good and who isn't, is missing out on a lot of great music.

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    never thought he was great but i did enjoy most of his music i heard on the radio he was a different act for sure

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I actually like Meatloaf quite a bit. Not my favorite, but better than most others. Definitely unique!

9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Unique. That is a good way to put it. I don't let VH1 decide my music taste for me, but it did validate my belief that Meatloaf is best served with mashed potatoes and gravy. Maybe because my sisters always listened to it, but when I hear one of his songs it's like I'm "Prayin' For The End of Time" because that's how long most of his songs are. They actually leach the energy right out of me. Normally I like music that revs me up, with the exception of Floyd, I like to sleep to that. I'm not really closed minded about music as I listen to almost everything except hip hop, but that Meatloaf is like someone running their fingers down a chalk board to me. Eeeeek! How 'bout Iggy Pop going on tour for the first time in 30 years?? Can't believe anyone still knows his name. Last I knew he was a bum sleeping on a park bench. LOL!

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I really like the 1st album , yes I have the album and cd. The second one was not that good. Paradise by the dash baord lights is GREAT!
    Bill

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i like meatloaf. idc what you guys say but i like him. not my favorite but i like him.

12. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Meatloaf Aday goes back a long way.I always thought he was cool back in the 70,s but any that can play Ozzie can handle meatloaf Aday

13. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Music? Meatloaf ? no thanks !

14. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    You can add me to the lists of Meatloaf fans. 1st album was great. 2nd was ok. It's definately a different type of music.

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Well, looks like I'm way out numbered this time. That's cool, I ain't gonna pick apart ol' Meatloaf. He is a good vocalist, but an aquired taste that I never aquired I guess. Maybe overexposure turned me off to him too. I used to love Skynnard, but everybody burned me out on them so bad that whenever I hear "turn it up", I tend to turn it off. And whenever I play my guitar everybody asks me "can you play some Skynnard?" I say yes, but I'm not going to. LOL. ROCK ON !!

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Oh, one more thing. You would think I would get burned out on Ozzy, but he has so many songs, I can just switch eras, or albums, or bands. In Celebrity Deathmatch, it would be great to see Ozzy bite the head off of Meatloaf!!

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like the meatloaf my wife fixes:big_smile:

as for the singer, never really cared for most of his stuff. however, "paradise by the dashboard lights" is a really good video. i consider that one his best song.

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ozzie and his family are so messed up in the head i can't stand any of them:confused2:

19. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    True, they are a messed up bunch, but to me Ozzy is a diehard entertainer. Not someone who squeezes out a couple of hohum albums, and then disappears. I wish they never would've aired The Ozzbournes, because it does not reflect his true genius. And Sharon is a greedy b$#%h, but I guess that's what it takes to be HUGE.