Meat thermometer for grill

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i need one...any suggestions?

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Phil, Lowes has a digital one that is remote for around $28. You put the probe in the meat and you can take the hand held unit in the house or clip it to your belt if you want to. When you temps are what you set the thermometer at, it will alarm letting you know the meat is done. It is really a net outfit.

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have one that I bought at a grocery store that you just stick it in the meat and give it a few seconds and read it. Is that what you're talking about? Nothing real fancy, I found it in the aisle with pots and pans, silverware, glassware and so on.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ya know Jim, you already cost me a few bucks by mentioning that cobb cooker....how broke do i have to be before you're sastified?:lol:

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Come on Phil, break down and buy yourself one of the digital ones, that way I can borrow your's. LOL

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Phil. If You buy one of the thermometers at the grocery store make shure it has the glass face on it instead of plastic that way you can leave it in the meat your cooking and it won't melt the cover on the dial. Also the way to properly to calibrate a standard cooking theromoerer is to get yourself a glass of ice water and if you will look at the bottom of the face of the thermometer you will see a small nut and just take a small wrench or a pair of plires and hold the nut and place the stem of the thermometer in the glass of ice water for a fue seconds and then turn the face of the thermometer until it reads 32 degrees. as Ice water is a True 32 degrees OK.Your Friend J.D.
    :smile:

7. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Thanks Fish, now I know what to ask Santa for. :embarassed:

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    You are welcome Dave.LOL

I still think Phil needs one of these digital thermometers to go with his new Cobb cooker.LOL

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have one that is great for the grill. It is digital and has a range of up to 2000 degrees. It comes with a probe that is 12" long. It is a model 874F by TEGAM, Madison Ohio, 44057. I use it for casting sinkers and bullets as well as for deep fat frying.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK