Meat in the freezer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Seth, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Shot this young doe yesterday at 9:30am. Hit a doe last night as well, but never found her. The shot was a tad high and she bled for 500 yards, but never stopped. She didn't even act like she'd been shot. Drives me crazy because I have no clue why that deer did not die. She never bedded down and I never jumped her. Hopefully she lives or else I guess the coyotes will get a free meal. :sad2:

Attached Files:

2. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Congrats on your bow kill, sorry about the other deer you could not find.

3. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama

Looks like you made a great shot on this one

4. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    First, congrats on a great shot on this doe. And second, I know it's a sick feeling to lose a deer. Sometimes they just amaze me with how a "dead deer" can just keep on going until you lose them. Shake it off, & good luck next time!:wink:

5. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Good job! I hope I am as lucky this year. And dont worry, we all have lost deer.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the bowkill Seth. You made a heck of a shot on the doe in the pic!! Sorry to hear about the 1 you couldn't find. We all been there. I screwed a shot up, on a 150 class buck a few years back. Just playing the shot in my mind, made me wacked out. I felt bad, to say the least. My friends and I tracked the deer for 4 hrs one day and 6 the next!! Jumped the buck 3 times and figured the deer was healthy enough to live!! Figured I hit the shoulder bone, by the way the arrow made a loud crack upon impact. Sounding like a bullwhip snapping!! Just a bad shot. Close one too at a measly 7 yds. Just a severe angle shot, that I should not taken!!

Anyhow, I'm guessing your shot was right above the lungs and right below the spine. Yes, they'll bleed like crazy, as with a brisket shot. But, ususally the deer will recover!!

Keep it up Seth!! You got one under your belt, so it takes the pressure off for the next kill. Kind of a confidence builder for you.. Go luck on the next outting!!

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm hoping the next one I post pics of will be a big old buck! Starting this weekend and up until gun season, which is the third second full weekend of Novemeber, I'm gonna try and have my butt in a tree every waking moment on the weekends. I've seen two nice bucks while hunting, one was a monster, and have several more on game cams so it should be exciting when they start chasing good. :big_smile:

8. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice job! :big_smile: Losing one happens to everyone now and than :angry:

9. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the doe!