Meat Hunter Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by alton, Dec 10, 2008.

1. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am looking at these rods on their website. I am looking at the 2 pc 12' casting models. I would be using 6500 or 7000 Abu reels. I only fish the river with a current from mild to unfishable at times. My main concern is the lure rating of 2oz to 8oz. I would like to know if this is legit. I usually cast 5oz or 6oz and bait. Any input about this rod would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I don't have one, but I've read some good stuff about them from other people on this site and on other sites. I've also read that they were the prototype rods for the Catfish Safari rods, but I can't verify it. They should work fine with your weights and bait, I'm thinking.

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    rfsportsinc.com fishing rods from oklahoma is what you are looking for.

i believe they make them all the way up to 16 foot .

make some nice crappie rods also and are very good pricing and good rods !!!!!!

4. dex

dex New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I own an 8' foot meat hunter and use 8-12 oz of weight plus bait with no problem so the 12' should be good to go.

5. DHR

DHR New Member

State:
    sallisaw,oklahoma
    i have a yellow 13' meat hunter and i throw 5-6oz weights and a lot of times ill have two hooks and two big pieces of shad and sling the h*** out of it and havent had any troubles.

i also have a couple of white 8' and 9' meathunters that i use in my boat and i use same set up as my 13'------so i dont think youll have any probs.

my question is what is the difference between tha white and yellow?......blanks different composit?

6. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    They have beefed up the tips on these from what they used to be, I think a size 10. The 2pc. blanks seem to not have as much tip breakage as the old blanks did. And to the question about the white / yellow difference their is none [same phenolic glass] I've built alot of these blanks over the years some like e'm some dont.