Meat hunter rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catfishcrazyjr, Jan 18, 2007.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    does any1 out there know any thing about thes rods or does any1 use them?

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Other than my 3 14 ft. fenwick's thats all I use for catfishing and they are great rods. All the meathunter rods that I have are 8 footer's. 7 of them are 1 piece poles and the rest are 2 piece. In this area you can find them from $18 to $25 per pole for a 1 piece 8 footer.

3. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    are there different types of the rods or are they all the same like is there a top end version and low end with cheaper guides or what cause i have seen them and the prices very?

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge they are the same or at least the ones that are sold around this area are. If they are pricing the 8 footer for much over $25 then they are more than likely just trying to add to their profit.

5. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks for the info brother i think i am gonna pick up 2 12 footers.

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I got 3 10ft 1 piece meat hunters....I like e'm there about 30 bucks a piece:smile2:

7. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    The one difference in these rods is if they are wrapped with foam or parachutte cord.The length of course changes the price too. I checked the price on 8' rods and the foam handled rods are cheaper.Wish I knew where I could get my hands on some around here. The guy that was selling them stopped for some reason. I do like the heavy action rods.JMO Allen

8. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i fish meathunter rods from 8' to 13'. i have seen them from 27.00 to 149.00. i belive there are a couple different types. my dad just bought a custome 12' rod with the good guides for about $120.00. i have seen the in black and yellow with many different colors in wraps. you can find some pretty good prices on an awesome custom rod if ya look around. i really like the rods that i have. i been fishin em about 4 years now. all my buddies fish with them too.

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have Meat Hunters in several lenghs. 8', 9', 10', 12', and 13'. Each one has a different action in the tip. Each one is used in different conditions, like fishing from the boat, or bank fishing, and some for areas were I need distance. They all work great but it will take "Orka" to put a bend in the 8 footers!

The difference in price is determined by the color of the rod. The white blanks with blue wraps are the cheapest. The yellow blanks are the medium, but have nice thread wraps, and then the black blanks are the most expensive, but the "purdiest".

From what I understand, they're all the same blank underneith, just painted on the colored ones and given nice wraps.

They are built in Tulsa and have a website. I believe the name of the company is RF Sports. They don't usually sell individually unless you're having trouble finding one in your area, but they can help you locate someone as close to you as possible that carries them or can get them.

Good luck and enjoy. I'm still trying to find a fish that will break one of mine! I've had them break a lamglass, but still waiting on one of these to break, hasn't happened yet:cool2: