Meat and potatoes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tomcat85, Aug 21, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    now tell me this isnt the best meal ever. you can never go wrong with any kind of beef and homecooked potatoes ahh i love it!

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Hard to beat soup beans and fried taters hope tea dont read this he might break over.

3. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Smoked Iowa chops, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob. and apple pie for dessert. To bad I can't eat most of that being on a diet and all. LOL
    Later Andy

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    man i tell you brother youre sooo right! steak and sliced potatoes, burger and fries, roast and mashed, mm mm! you cant go wrong!

5. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    me want hamburgers:big_smile:

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    :big_smile: Love them them hambugers the best fried catfish beans and coleslaw with ice tea:big_smile:

7. Rickb6959

Rickb6959 New Member

State:
    Clayton NC
    I was raised on beans and taters. And knocking out Alligators. Whoo!:lol:

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yep, we all like our taters and don't care how they are fixed...mashed, smashed, fried, baked, grilled, boiled, twice baked, scalloped, au gratin and the list goes on. Meat...give me a medium rare rib eye.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm with Chuck, taters fixed any way are always good. We don't eat a lot of beef due to cholesterol and fat but I still love it. Mostly broiled chicken salads for us... maybe beef once a week now and then. :eek:oooh:

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    This thread has made me hungery!
    Bill

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    This thread is just not right.....LMAO

3 weeks and I get a break from the diet for a whole weekend, wonder how much weight I can gain at the National. LMAO

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Why is it that good eating always makes you gain too much weight? I was raised on country food.Fried Chicken,homemade noodles mashed potatoes and gravy.We all grew up eating that way and now if you set down to it,it's sometimes referred to as heart attack food! What a bummer-------pk powell:sad2:

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I love a good cut of any meat grilled up. Good potatoes are heard to beat too. I like a nice thick steak or chop though. MMMM.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I could handle a meal without meat, but no potatoes? No way! I ain't fond of potatoe soup, but other than that, I like them fixed any way.

As for meat, a steak is wasted on me. Maybe I just haven't had a great one. Any other beef or pork is fine. Chicken? I used to like it, but I guess over the years I kinda got burned out on it. Still like chicken livers fried up, but for health reasons, I get that only once in a blue moon.

Now, for the sacrilegious part. I ain't much of a fish eater, catfish included. When I do eat fish, it's mostly saltwater types like turbo. My wife and son still require me to bring home enough catfish and venison to keep them happy. I love catching them, but only eat them on occasion. Same with venison. I love deer hunting, but have never been fond of eating it. Now don't go telling me the venison just wasn't prepared or cooked right. Invariably, it will end up with the following phrase: "When done right, it tastes just like beef". If I wanted to taste beef, I would eat beef. Venison is supposed to taste like venison, not beef. While on that subject, why do so many folks put all kinds of seasoning and sauces on beef? It doesn't taste like beef anymore. Shoot, one could put steak sauce on roadkill and it would taste the same as beef with steak sauce on it. Never understood that. Now as far as catfish, I ain't saying I don't like it, it's that black/silver film on it I can't stand. More of a mental thing I guess than actual taste preference. Folks that know me know that a "mental thing" is common with me. LOL

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Meat and taters.

just about any meat, with taters is good. My favorites are steak and baked potatoes, and Ham with parmesean potatoes.