Meanest Mom on Planet...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by GoFish_Tony, Jan 9, 2008.

1. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Sells Teen Son's Car After Finding Booze Under the Seat.
    Read the story HERE.

Way to go Mom! She has MY respect and admiration!
    Hopefully her son can re-earn her trust.

Tony

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Thanks for the story. I applaud her for her actions. More parents need to be more like her.

Tony,
    On another subject. What the heck is up with your Avatar?:crazy::waaaht:
    Does you wife know about this?:sad_2a::confuse::baffle::smile2:

Thanks
    David

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Amen!!!!!! She did what needed to be done...Kids think they can get away with anything in todays world!

4. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    LOL David!!
    Nothing to be alarmed by.
    Just me and one of DH's ex-girlfriends.
    I only put that avatar up there to torment him a little.

:tounge_out: :wink: :smile2: :cool2:

T.

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Believe you me... I raised (and lived through) raising 3 teenage boys. I quickly learned that a Drivers License activates the @$$hole gene and makes them get a bit stupid.

Most parents are not REALLY aware of what the mortality rate is for a young male with a car is. Throw in the use of alcohol and you might as well sign your kids death sentence.

This womens kid will someday drive again, but I bet he never forgets this lesson. Hopefully someday he will see that it was out of "love" that she did this.

(Just my $0.02)
    Tony
    _

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    IMO, he shouldnt matter whether or not a passenger left it in there, he should have made it clear that mom said no booze even if ur not driving!!!!! wtg mom , should be more like u!!!

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think there is something wrong with her. She is clearly unbalanced. This isn't about her son it
    s a direct attempt to bring attention to herself by publicly embarrassing her own son! If he doesn't have a drinking problem now he probably will develop one, or act out in other ways just to get back at her. I believe in standing your ground when it comes to discipline and conditions that you have placed on specific behavior, but she went past that. When he was a toddler I'll bet she drug him out on the street and told every that would listen that he pooped his pants. Some things are better kept privet. What is her son going to learn from this? He may wait till he gets married then belittle his wife and kids in public too, or maybe not. :sad2: __________________

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have never understood how parents that would throw up their hands and run screaming into the bushes if you suggest they give their children a firearm and teach them to use it;will unhesitatingly provide their children a car and turn them loose on the most dangerous battlefield in the world,our nations higways.I give all kinds of safety briefs to my civilians and Marines.Before evey national holiday in fact,and the one thing that gets their attention and keeps it ,is when I show them the cold hard fact that our highway deaths JUST since 1950, EXCEED all our battlefield deaths, in all our wars by a factor of 4.This mom did a great thing in my estimation and her son will never forget the lesson.In time he will love his mom even more when he realizes how much she must love him to do that.Please, each of you with young drivers age children do what needs to be done no matter how painful now.When your kids are 40 they will be bragging about how tough you were on them to their kids!!!!:wink::smile2:More importantly they will get to be 40.

9. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have some very graphic pics of a sixteen year old driveing drunck i will post ,but she is a really good mom ,my sister just left my sixteen year old neice on my door step and disappeared ,she has had a four wheeler misshap and we are working on getting her well so now iam working on adopting her .so now i have six women in my house :eek:oooh:

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good point Jack. There is a condition called Munchouser Syndroom and it's about calling attention to ones self. After all she said the car is sold but she is going to run the add another week.

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I wholeheartedly agree with everyone so far except NetmanJack (sorry NetmanJack).

My first instinct also is to believe the kid is lying about who's booze it is, only because I have experienced many lies from the kids and there usually is a bit of that illogical ring to them. :roll_eyes:Why the heck would a kid let his buddy put his booze under his seat and leave it there for him to get caught by mom or the cops? Exactly, just doesn't seem like the most reasonable thing to do, and my first instinct here is to not believe it. I mean, it isn't like he's going to admit it was his. You want to believe your own kids but frankly, lying seems all too easy nowadays, and boy can they tell'em with a straight face.:eek:oooh:

I applaud the Mother!:big_smile:

EDIT: Ok, gotta disagree with Danny too, sorry.

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I was able to quit drinking almost 18 years ago. I NEVER would have done it if the courts hadnt stopped letting me slide with reduced charges and light sentences. When they finally got serious about stopping dwi they told me one more time and its prison. I got the message then. Thankfully I am, and hope to remain sober for the rest of my life. When you allow kids to get by with breaking any law you are telling them it is ok to be a criminal.

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i dont really know what i think about this.. im kinda in the middle. she shouldnt have sold her sons car because i think shes just trying to humiliate him. she can do that with other ways but dont sell the car thats kinda crossing the line i think. but he really shouldnt have been drinking and driving or even had it in the car because thats just stupid.. but like i said im kinda in the middle on this one

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My dad would have done the same thing,and added grounding and hard labor to the sentance,When I was barely 21,I came home drunk at 4 am ,He got me up at 6 am and hauled me out to a fence,Said start diggin . I had to rebuild a half mile of fence with a hangover in August . NOT FUN,needless to say I learned my lesson quick.

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i hear u brother, i dont think she could have been hard enuff when it came to alcohol & driving---whether its his or not!!!!i dont even want to know what my mom would have done, but i guess she put the fear in us early!!!hopefully one day he will get why she did it!!!

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think we need more moms like her!
    She told him the simple rules. No booze, and always keep it locked.
    I bet he will never forget that lesson.

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I agree w/u Dayton, mom bought it & those were her simple rules. Let him buy it & do whatever he wants, then when he comes home drunk she'll throw him out on his own & he'll know how hard it really is in the real world of adults!!! When he has his own kids then he wont think like that ne more, better yet let him get a DWI, these days that'll turn ur life around!!!! U try & spoil them or just make it easier on your kids & that's how they act!!!!

18. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't think she went too far with selling the car, but the add was a little overboard. Especially running it for another week after the car was gone.

Boys love their car. First offense, ok sell the car make him get a job and buy one himself and pay the insurance. He will think about what he had to do to get that car and how easily it can be taken away if there is ever another circumstance of alcohol in the car!

At least he would learn to clean out the car real well before going home where mom is!:smile2:

19. Mrs SkipEye

Mrs SkipEye New Member

State:
    Winfield, Misso

From a Mother’s perspective, I’m guessing previous infractions from the son probably played a huge role. This was more than likely the case of the “final straw!”

I hope as a parent I finally achieve one clear message to my children, consequences, and consequence good or bad we all have a choice to make.
    Eventually we reap from the rewards of making good choices or we pay the piper for the bad choices.

It seems to me some children these days are more “entitled” than ever.
    Blaming everyone else for their bad behavior and never really taking responsibility for their actions. Parents have very little power left to control bad behavior.
    Everyone from the politician, schools, federal agencies are authorities on “How we should raise our children”. Many authorities don’t even have children and having a PHD in behavior has nothing on really trying to raising a child properly.
    My hats off to most parents who are just trying to raise their children with a little grace, charm, respect and integrity! Which in my opinion has been lost over the years?

20. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just two words,,,GO MOM!!!!:wink: