Mealcakes

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by ByrdDog, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ByrdDog

ByrdDog New Member

State:
    Covington,Ga
    First I would like to say I'm new here and would just like to say hello to ya'll.
    I've been asked to bring over my baskets and thin out a farm pond and instead of buying mealcakes I wanted to make my own. I found this website by googleing catfish bait recipes and I must say it is wonderful. Anyway I was wondering if ayy of you know how to make mealcakes and if you would share your knowelege with me. Sorry if this has been posted previously and any help would be much appreciated.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Lee!

Good luck thinning out the farm pond, but I can't help with the mealcake recipe. I find that sun-dried chicken livers or scrapple work so well that it has never been worth the time or trouble to make dough balls or meal cakes.

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    welcome brother

4. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to BOC.from Arkansas

5. ByrdDog

ByrdDog New Member

State:
    Covington,Ga
    Thank all of you for the warm welcome everyone seems very friendly and I look foard to talking to all of ya'll.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC! I haven't tried it, but several folks have posted that they have had success using pieces of styrofoam inside their traps instead of regular bait.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lee welcome to the BOC.Glad you found us. No need to look any farther.:lol::smile2: