Mead and Bartlett Results

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by tdpasser, Jun 14, 2006.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I finally have time to catch up on the BOC. We only fished one night at Mead while on vacation in LV. We caught mass stripers all evening and night. We use anchovy chunks on a sliding sinker rig with a tri-swivel and 2 hooks (thanks for the mead advice brothers). We gave our fish to some fisherman next to us, my boys had a blast.

We fish Bartlett on monday afternoon and night and caught 4 flats lost 2 and many other runs just an incredible night there we found a new beach spot loaded with great bait (carp,gils,sunnies). One of the flats I lost was big just ripping line out before getting me snagged. We caught our first flat at 5pm when we decided to toss a bait out that was going to die because it was bleeding. Our biggest was an 11lber caught on a very bloody carp chunk (gillsection) using a 10/0 king kahle with 40lb mono leader, thanks deerhunter1 for the tip on this rig. A little bit snaggy but such a comfortible area to fish.
    My wife is working on the photos so I will post them shortly. All fish released as the freezer still has decent fillets of channels,flats and crappie. We had a taste test recently for the 3 species and I believe the crappie was the favorite with the channel and flats sort of tied for second. I expected the flathead to taste a lot better than the channel but the channel was excellent also. Bartlett is red hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Those stripers can be fun! I have to agree that Bartlett is definetly enfuego. I havent heard one bad report comming from there in some time. It appears as if you cant miss just about anywhere on the lake. My trip last weekend we had more runs during the day then we did at night which I found interesting. Dusk and dawn being the most active times. Did you win ,loose or draw even in Vegas? I love that place for short periods of time.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Glad to hear ya had a good time Terry. Everyone on here is talking about Bartlett. I guess I need to get off my butt and get up there!

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    You said it. Bartlett is where it's at.

~ Terry,
    Great job on the stripers. I am a dedicated cat fisherman, but would not pass up an opportunity to catch bass.... Especialy without all that troublesome casting, and retreiving, and casting, retreiving. What a pain.

~ Bartlett this weekend? You betcha! I will be there with my two favorite fishing buddies; my wife and daughter..

* I have been stuck in Atlanta all week and I am really looking forward to getting back to the basics and hanging with my girls!

SEE YOU OUT THERE!

5. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    We didn't gamble at all and I'm just a little bumbed about that but we did some shows and fish and swam at our time share. I really want to camp out on the 6 and 8 at the crap table, I love the 6 and 8. Oh well next time. I finally got some pic together and will try to get them out now. Some from mead and some from bartlett. My oldest son didn't make it to bartlett because of a sore throut but my youngest caught 2 flats out of the 4 we got.

Attached Files:

6. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    more shots from mead and bartlett

Attached Files:

7. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    not having good luck on resize will try some more

Attached Files:

8. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    more pics from bartlett

Attached Files:

9. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Not so easy with resize don't know why

Attached Files:

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Kids look like they had a blast.
    ~ Happy father's day!

11. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Yeah man, nice fish. Happy fathers day! I wish I had some more early childhood flathead experiences.

12. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I agree those kids look as if they are having a good time. Sure are some priceless memories fishing with the kids. My girls are 18 and 21 and they still fish with dad. Its just a little harder now for me to stay awake longer then they do...lol.... My how times have changed. Happy Fathers day to ya as well!!!!

13. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Finally getting caught up on my post thanks for the good words guys, I do feel lucky being thier dad.