me and tracy and her new pb flat.

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by cat'n around, Sep 19, 2008.

1. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    me and tracy go fishing all the time as you all know. well she had gotten really frustrated with cat'n because she wanted a monster cat and it didnt matter what kind as long as it was big. anyway to add to her frustration me and wesley went the other night and got those 2 40lbers. and when i took superduty65 he got that 44lber. so that didnt help her at all. she told me that after the last tourney we fished she was done, not gonna go anymore, that i had better luck without her. well she gave it one more shot wed night and low and behold it was looking like another slow night, i had got one 12lb flat on and nothing else. i was affraid id loose the best partner i got so we tried a place that i know holds big fish, its just a matter of catching them at home. we got setup and i guess it was about 30 to 45 mins when the reel took off.. she grabbed, it set the hook and the drag was screaming. she said oh s**t this isa big one. she fought the fish for about 10 to 15 mins. he made 3 runs on her like that and when we finally got him to the boat i knew he was gonna be very close to 50lb. and sure enough my darlin had caught her a 47.2 lb flat. not only is that her pb fish ever she has also crushed my pb fish of 42lb flat and almost tied my pb of 48lb flat.

it was a priceless moment. she did it all by herself. the only thing i done was get him in the boat. im just glad she got her a big one and i think she has changed her mind about quiting. thank god because i realy dont wanna loose my best freind and best fishing buddy. sorry guys there aint nothing better than having a woman love fishing as much as you do. im proud of you darlin. thers more biggins to come i promise.

we also got a 13lb blue to.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Give her a big "ATTAGIRL" from me. Great job! :wink:

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thats a truly awesome fish!!! :wink:

4. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would like to see my wife catch a fish that size, the only fish she has caught in 16 years of marriage was out of fort mountain state park lake, it was about a 1 pound largemouth and she got so excited she ran up the hill dragging the fish and all through the woods haha. Congrats to you both!!

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Tell tracy congrats on the PB. She will catch a bigger one , but those things only take time.

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    good job and thanks for the picture and the story was great

7. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Hey, Tracy. Who's bigger you or that fish. Man thats awsome:big_smile::big_smile:

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    lol lmao i was thinking the same thang vince

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats on the PB flat Tracy. We are very proud of you for catching a fish of that size!!!! Brent I know what you mean about her being your best fishing partner. My wife is mine also. She was with me the night I cought my PB blue which was 81 lbs. In my avitar. Again congrats you two and thanks for sharing the great story and picture.

Tom

10. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That is the second 47.2 pound flathead to visit your boat in a week man. The first one I caught on the 12th, and now Tracy has caught it's twin on the 17th. After the time we had pulling that one in I can only imagine what kind of fight she had to put on with that one. Congratulations and good luck breaking 50.

11. bettadaze

bettadaze New Member

State:
    Burlington,NC
    Awesome fish. I got to get my boat down here!:smile2:

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Congrats to both of you on the nice Flathead. Thanks for the picture.

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    What a fish, tell her congrats

14. dozer15

dozer15 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What a great fish Congrats Tracy. Seems like your boat is the host place to be this past week. Thanks for sharing i'm hoping one day to catch one like that.

15. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    thanks for the comments fellas. she says thank you too. i hope we can load the boat again next week. we have had a blast together fishing this year so far and its just getting better everytime.

would also like to thank 2 people that have helped us out alot this year in getting us to try some new things and places. crankbait77 and jaync thanks for sharing some knowledge with us. you find people especially fisherman that will do what these guys have done. thanks guys!!!!!!!!

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Tracy congrats on the great flathead. Thats somethin to be proud of.

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the pic. Congrats to Tracy on her new PB.

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That's a dang nice one there. Congratulations on a heck of a fish!

19. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    you dont very often find people especially fisherman that will do what these guys have done. thanks guys!!!!!!!!

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats to both of ya'll. Dandy fish and rehab is for quitters.:embarassed: I would venture to say that she sticks around for a long time to come.