Me and the youngest had a ball, found a new pattern for my local river

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, May 20, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Found a new pattern for fishen falling water. Prolly just a local thing. Fishen creek minners ahead of massive log jambs on rail road bridges. We was fishen 18 to 23 ft of water and got 5 blues to the boat and one big 8lb channel. I know the Mo is fallen out so we fished the gasconade river just up stream from the Mo and fishing was off the wall. Every pole was bouncen every time a train went by. We was fishen about 20 ft out up riverfrom the log jamb on the bridge. All the bites was on the channle slope. Also of note a dead deer was in with the drift and I think the buggs and wigglers commen off of it drew em in. 2 nights great fishen in a row I am a happy man :big_smile:. They wouldent hit shad or carp it was the creek minners they wanted. I am still baffled about that. But I was catchen fish.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to hear you and the youngest had a great time on the river. Memorys like that are priceless!!! Maybe it was the smell of the dead deer that was drawing the fish in:smile2:. The dear had to be a stinking! How did you stand it?

Tom

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip, congrats and good luck in the future

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice job troy, with the temps on the rise the bite is really starting to pick up. hopefully soon we will get a shot at some of the big guys. it is really awesome the way that train drives them to the bait.

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We was up wind and river of it

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Shoot Troy being up wind had to help. But if I was still smelling it I would have had to move.

Tom

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Sounds like the spot we used to do a lot of taut lining when I was younger. I'm gonna have to make a trip back down there.