MCD and frogs..

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by flatheadshome, Jul 21, 2008.

1. flatheadshome

flatheadshome New Member

State:
    missouri
    I went froggen last nite and got my limit in about 15 min spent $15.00 in gas and now have almost a half a meal for myself (thats only if I add a half pound of catfish to go with it) I know us froggers are a dieing breed so our strength in numbers power is week ,but get real where theres frogs theres usually plenty.Dont think that a dozen or fifteen is gonna put them on the indangered list. Was thinkn bout haven some @ my next fish fry... suppose everyone can have one bite. Come on MCD can we make some changes ???

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    "Frogs, the other white meat.":wink:

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Ya need to get out in early June before all the poachers gittum

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I love to catch em with my hand if i got somebody who can run an outboard without breakin my arm. Haven't caught any in years but did hear a bunch bullin on the creek the other nite. Don't seem like there as many as it use to be.

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Frogging must be fun! I always wanted to go frog gigging but would not even know where to find them where I live.

Jaime

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Cute, seeing as how the season opens June 30th.

Check out this information.

http://blogs.mdc.mo.gov/blog/

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You can always write to the MDC with your suggestion for rule changes - they read everything they receive...

Missouri Department of Conservation
    P.O. Box 180
    Jefferson City, MO 65102
    Attn: Regulations Committee

8. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Growing up I would go giggin for frogs often. I absolutly love frog legs. Over the years I don't see nearly as many as I did growing up.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    A lot of the herbicides are hard on amphibians - Roundup is one of the worst. There's been a well documented decline in the numbers of amphibians worldwide, but haven't heard a conclusive cause. It's one of the reasons I don't put a bunch of crap on my yard to make it "pretty". Don't see the sense of spending a bunch of money on chemicals for the yard (which will wash into the pond and creek on my property) so I can spend more money and time to mow the stupid thing:confused2:

Good luck with the frog regs, as you say, not many out there gigging them, so maybe they'll change the limits. But lots of people spraying weeds....:eek:oooh:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/22159.php

10. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    our limit over here in Kansas is only 8 apeice. I have been out 4 times and gotten my limit every time in less than an hour. City parks are a great place to get 'em. The grass is mowed all the way to the water line there are big flat rocks along the bank and the frogs sit right on top of 'em.City frogs are stupid too. They just stay right in place while I sneak up and gig em. Golf courses are a good place too.We go to a couple of closed down golf courses and have been known to sneak onto a few.Used to have a buddy who sold tractors to the courses.... he could get us on a whole bunch of them at night. Good luck