Mcapline/Falls 7-24-09

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Titus, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    We put in at the Clark ramp across from Mcalpine Fri afternoon. Went up to the falls and caught a carp. Went back down at fished across from the ramp next to the dam and caught 1 small cat on skip jack. Had another good one break the line. The real fun was getting the boat out. Thankfully the park ranger and a handfull of bank fishermen were there to help trailer the boat by hand. Dont think I'll be using that ramp any more...

2. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    what happened at the ramp?

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Titus welcome to the BOC.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    Thanks for the welcome, I've already learned alot alot here.

They were letting out so much water that the current by the ramp made it impossible to hit and load onto your trailer at the ramp. The next boat after me tried to motor up to his trailer, missed it and got swept into the rocks, I waded out a bit and helped pull his boat up to the ramp since I was already wet.
    The park ranger said the river was like this a week or so ago and a boat missed the trailer and got flipped when he tried to turn back around, luckily there was a pontoon nearby that picked the guys out of the water.

The guy I was with said that last time he was there, their boat and trailer got swept sideways when they launched. Some fire and rescue dept. was doing training drills there when they went to trailer up and if not for them, they wouldn't have been able to get it back on the trailer.