Mayo Lake in North Carolina

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dreamer34, May 23, 2006.

1. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    anyone got any information on mayo lake??? my brother is taking me but i don't know the first thing about it....HELP

2. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    never catfished mayo......hyco near there is a lot beter for cats......if you are not catfishing the lake it is a good bass lake(if you can keep all of the jacks off your line)...probaly the best lake i ahve ever seen for chain pickeral........or worst if you dont like jacks... lake is a spittin image of harris......clear, never high or muddy and alot of vegation...mack

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    thanks for the info...got totally skunked last night...going to stick with hyco for a while till my pride heals up

4. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    I have heard of one person catching what they said was a channek catfish out of mayo, I heard there where never any catfish stocked in mayo, hyco has tons of 2-4 lb channels, just find a channel dropoff, and fish there anchored, even better if dropoff has structure on or near it...
    Good Luck,
    Mike

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    my brother cought 2 channels out of mayo last night but i'm sticking with what i know...Dan River...lol

6. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    How big were they? also in what part of lake did yall catch them?
    Thanks,
    Mike

7. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    there are channels in mayo but like basscat said i would stick with hyco for nunbers or the dan river..mack