Mayflower..... "winter blues"

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Nov 19, 2006.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    View attachment 17961 "love the River".... any river, but the one that I'm talking about is around Blythe Ca. This ole river doesn't dry up, only flucuates (sp) as the Darn Dams release water to mexico (if it gets there}

Depending on the time of day..... even less in winter time, some ramps are very shallow and lots of sand bars.... but there is water to move about. If your on the road and want to just "quick fish something" north of town is where the wier is and the take out water here from the river goes into Blythe, and down to Palo Verde and back into the Colorado.

Fish the canals.....and enjoy the stars, jet contrail, and the quiet of the night.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Some good info there Ray. Makes me want to jump into the truck and start driving:smile2: Good post:wink:

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Robb,

With all the driving I did on xgiving week off that we had I could have gone to the delta. My canals at Blythe were fished out, the ramp at Mayflower was to low for my boat, and Martinez lake didnt have live bait to speak about. The river was low there and with my "new boat" I had to check out the flow of the river/sandbars.... to get to my favorite holes... Could not get up river to them. I did set awhile,and drift some.....
    "not hits, no runs, and no errors"....I did have some "shakers"..missed one on the hook-set.

Give this place a try..30 min down the road
    The pond/lake at the Wier on the Kings at "Riverland Motel/camp ground" on old 99 has some 20-30 ft "holes". mostly 4-6ft. Never used live bait there, or been there in the wintertime, but have caught some LM bass with cats "in em".
    "Going to have to use Gills next year".
    The water is shallow up river, and is seasonal. Great camping area there and at Lindys Landing up river where we water ski,with my buddies in June, when the Corps of Engineers let out some water down the river.

Bayrunner ray

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks brother:smile2: I fished that pound in the park 5 or 6 times and some when I was a kid. Didn't think cats would be in there. I know that same water is part of the slough, but never thought about it:roll_eyes: Thanks for the info brother:big_smile: