Mayfield tests dirty,,again.

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Wabash River Bear, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The latest on Mayfield from Fox sports.

NASCAR says Jeremy Mayfield has again tested positive for methamphetamine and wants the federal judge who lifted the driver's drug suspension to reinstate the ban.

The positive result from a July 6 random test was included in a U.S. District Court filing Wednesday.

The filing includes an affidavit from Mayfield's stepmother, who claims she personally witnessed the driver using methamphetamine at least 30 times over seven years.
    NASCAR says in its filings that the "A" sample had levels of methamphetamine consistent with habitual users who consume high doses. The filing also claims Mayfield and his attorneys have failed to select a qualified laboratory to test the backup "B" sample.

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Man, thanks for the update, but that sure is a shame. But at least they're cracking down on them; sure don't want that kind of element out there going 185 mph!!!:embarassed:

3. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    This certainly looks bad for Jeremy, and certainly hurts his case. It doesn't change public opinion which was already against him though, nor does it change NASCAR's position. They never backed down from the claim that the first test, which was deemed inconclusive by the experts and Federal Judge, was conclusive. And the amount of Meth they claimed Mayfield used before the first test would categorize him as a Meth-head, and that would probably be physically obvious, sunken eyes, teeth falling out, extremely thin. I just don't know enough about urine sampling to believe that claim that it is absolutely conclusive. Where are the blood and hair test results? Wouldn't those be more conclusive, and appropriate corroboration at this point? What about the testing that Mayfield had done by his own labratory of choice, the testing that he took directly before the NASCAR test? Does Mayfield's step-mother have an axe to grind with her step-son, causing her to lie in an affidavit, or is that really the truth? Many questions, few answers. If Mayfield is guilty, they should kick him out. If he is guilty, why are they sticking to the inconclusive urine testing sampling methods this time around too?

And what in world is he doing fighting this in Federal Court if he is a Meth-head?

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont have the answers to your questions, only Mayfield and Nascar do. I just posted the latest info on a topic that has been discussed here before, but I do have an opinion. Drugs do not belong in any sport. There is a legal process that is obviously being followed, the courts will be the deciding factor. As for your question "if he's a methhead why is he fighting it", even if guilty, he wouldnt want to willingly give up his reputation and fortune without a fight. Lawyers can do amazing things with the law, look at O.J., if there is a slight chance why not try. It's like asking a prison population how many guilty people are in prison, non of them of course. :wink: My question is, how many drug tests does he have to fail? Why hasnt Jeremy voluntarily through a reputable and impartial testing facility, submitted his own urine samples, along with blood samples, to dispute Nascars claims if he is innocent? Like you said, lots of questions, not too many answers, on both sides of the coin.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well with the second + test and his stepmothers testomony i say boot him with no future reinstatement. sounds like he is a user. and it shouldnt be tolerated in the dangerous sport.

6. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    You've probably heard Jeremy Mayfield's statement about his step-mother by now. Sounds just like Jeremy :wink: Can't get a word out without stirring in more controversy, just like when he was with Evernham.

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Okay Mayfield has had bad tests two or three times in a row.Now he may be a meth head but is he stupid as well?He knows that he may be tested at any time NASCAR wants to.Dosent it seem like he could stay clean as long as the eye of NASCAR is on him?Can somthing be going in his body that would give a false posative reading?Iam proud to say that I dont know anything about that stuff except I know its made with "draino"and I cant belive he would put that ship in his body.I really hope he is not doing that stuff but the signs arnt looking good for him.
    smokey

8. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've tried to give Mayfield the benefit of the doubt, but it looks like his goose is cooked. The worse thing about this to me is how he denies everything, even hired a lawyer, went to court all the while he knows that he's a "crank" using POS, who couldn't stay off the stuff long enough to get through court proceedings. He should be hung from a tall tree.

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    It really doesn't matter at this point about the test being accurate or not. He is done in cup racing no matter what. There isn't a sponsor going to touch him with a ten foot pole. And he doesn't have near enough money to race on his own nickle. Jeremy Mayfield is done in Cup racing. I think Nascar is just trying to get the ban reinstated so he doesn't show up in any of their other series like late model or modifieds.

10. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There is no place in NASCAR for a drug addict. If I were in a car doing 180+, I know I wouldn't want the guy around me doing drugs. BOOT him out.

11. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Of course! Its a case of "he said, they said" though. He says his independent sample was clean, they say theirs is dirty. He says they spiked his sample. Oh come on, Jeremy! But can't they use more than one testing method, aren't there three (urine, blood, and hair)? They did this to Mayfield this way without concrete proof to make an example of him, they would not do the same thing to Jr. or Stewart, fan favorites. Mayfield is a has-been, and NASCAR could have done it right. A Federal Judge ruled they did it wrong. So they do the same test again, and he's dirty again, big surprise. What's different? Did he stop taking Adderall? Did they use a different testing method? Is he so stupid that he continued to use Meth even when he knew he was about to be tested again? So now we have a sport without a clear cut drug policy, no list of banned substances that the drivers get to see, a bunch of mystery surrounding the actual circumstances (because urine testing is not fool proof), and unproven allegations of extreme Meth abuse from a step-mother he does not get along with. It all adds up to someone who will never race in NASCAR again, and less NASCAR fans.

Maybe they should stick to ruining some more careers like Carl Long's with his fraction (1/48th) of an inch too large backup engine. :angry_2:

12. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    looks like his racing is about over!! hope it wakes him up!! it must be pretty bad if moms willing to kill his carere!!

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    would of given him the benefit of a doubt on the first one because crazy things do happen, but a second dirty test doesnt lie

14. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
  15. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Druggies try all the time to dodge hair tests by having hair that is too short on their heads. The labs will take it from armpits, chest, and other places on the body where it isn't too short. Unless he shaves himself clean, they can get hair.

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just listen to him.this morning he was talkin about getting a really big sponcer.Hes talkin like a dope even if he is not on dope.Whos going to want him even if he is clean.The dude is chum.
    smokey

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009