Mayfield suspended

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by smokey, May 9, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jeremy Mayfield and Three other crew members from different teams have been suspended indefinitely for breaking nascar drug abuse policy. I hope these people get the help they need.
    smokey

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Mayfields Doctor says its a mix of two meds that he has been taking that gave a false reading, Do you belive Him?? I dont know..:eek:oooh: If he did what a waist, I like him...
    Puddle

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I belive the doc. but that dosent make it right. They should have known that the meds would give a pos. reading. Good luck to them all.
    smokey

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We will see how it all pans out when the press kits hit the fan. I say if he's guilty, boot his ass out of Nascar. Kinda strange that a couple other members of the same team popped positive aint it? There should be only one drug policy, Zero Tollerance.
    I have been exposed to illegal drugs, been on perscription painkillers, been depressed, worked under pressure, a hundred other excuses, and have still managed to make the right choices over the past 47 years of my life without addiction. So have millions of others. I have no pitty for addicts.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I agree 100%

6. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I don't usually post opinion, so I will be brief. Having been a hardcore Mayfield fan since he entered the sport, the ruling by the judge not to rescind the suspension (yet) and NASCAR's refusal to release the list of banned substances to the public or even the drivers irritates me. If Mayfield is guilty, that should be dealt with. If he had a legal prescription for an amphetamine (adderall for ADHD) and that's what this is about, shame on NASCAR. I don't know how we will ever know, now there is a gag order on the case. Mayfield's reputation is damaged beyond repair however this goes for him; privacy and civil rights have been violated by NASCAR.

I do not support the use of illegal substances, but find it hard to believe that a good driver like Mayfield would jeapardize his entire career in his sport by using "street drugs". If he did, it should be dealt with. If not, Mayfield should take this to civil court for monetary damages.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i think there needs to be a more open polocy. through the years tests have shown to have a few flaws. certain foods can produce unclear results.

even at my work if you fail you can pay yourself and have a second test for the benifit of the dought. so hopefully they can figure out if this was just a slip up of the test or a false reading from meds.

but i agree it should be 0 tolerance for street drugs. coke pot meth ect. you use u loose.

8. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Maybe the change of venue for this case to Federal Court will shed some more light on the subject, in 2 weeks when the case is heard. Mayfield is seeking damages against NASCAR for defamation, discrimination against someone with a disability (ADHD), and improperly handling a drug test. I'd like to know what the mysterious third substance is that he tested positive for, which they called a "dangerous, illegal, banned substance". If it were an illegal street drug, I don't think Jeremy would be fighting this, it would be a tremendous waste of his money and time and he will surely lose. He is trying to get back his ride, his good name, and fighting for the future of the policy in NASCAR. But, NASCAR is a private entity and really they can do whatever shady thing they want to whatever driver they choose. The court may not be able to apply the law to the case.