mayden voyage

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by bigmaac73, Dec 19, 2007.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Finally got out on the yellow river. What can I say about this trip. It was pretty bad. I was just about cussin from the start. First voyage in the new boat so I kinda expected a little. When I first put her in the water, I found out that the boat plug was one leaky cuz. Finally went up to wally-world and got another one and when I finally got back to the water the dumb thing just would not seal. Finally got it to hold, and started out. The boat was full of stuff, not very big boat to boot, because we were gonna be out there for 3 days. Got a few miles and the plug started leaking like crazy. Got the boat beached in time and got her drained. My buddy managed to rig it with a rubber glove just couldn't take it out no more. Tried to launch again and couldn't get the motor to fire up. I think I flooded it in the frustration of the moment cause after I let it sit for a few it started right up. Remember I still havent even wet a line yet. We find a place to set up camp by a promising flathead spot. Deepest water yet and a nice snag in the deep of the hole right on a big bend. Nice right? Well we unloaded the boat on the shore so we could have room to fish for channels in the daylight. After about 3 hours of motoring in the most stump layden 1ft water I have ever seen, I got mad and went back to the camp site. That 10 hp motor does not go very fast upstream. Get back to the camp site when it is almost dark and am looking forward to some flattie action, when a guy pulls up in his boat and starts checking the 10, 5 hook limb lines that he has in this one hole. I am like, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! But from the bait it looked like he was fishing for channels so I still had a glimmer of hope for the flatheads. Get the rigs out and went to the bait bucket to find every single fish in there dead. Not my day. I had forgotten to turn the oxy pump on when I left 5 hours ago. I hoped that hey had not been dead that long so I go ahead and throw them in the ice chest hoping to salvage something. Put the dead gills cut on the hook and had pretty much no hope by now. I put a few lines out and changed the bait every 20 min for about 2.5 hours then it started pouring rain. Of course the forecast had called for partly cloudy skies but no rain. Hit the hay in the tent which was the only thing that did not go bad, oh wait, that was until my buddy told me that he had not had time to waterproof the tent, and it had to rain all night. Needless to say, we pulled up in the morning and went home to sulk in the worst most embarassing nature butt kicking I have ever even dreamed of. Mayden voyage got a 2 out of 50. The 2 was because at least we were outdoors. lol

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    So what are you going to knickame the boat?

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Those plugs should adjust by turning the handle or tightening a screw.
    It draws the rubber up expanding it for a tighter fit.:wink:

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Should have told ur boat mate to put a finger in it for u and keep motoring!!:smile2:

5. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I had adjusted the plug so tight that the loop bent. The plug hole was just a hair too big. We temp fixed it my getting a rubber glove and putting it over the plug and putting that in the hole to make a bigger hole. The trip was just a nightmare to say the least.