Maybe my son fishes too much :)

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Couple of drawings I found in the kid's room. First one is how to catch shad, the next one is how we catch flying carp for bait. About laughed myself to tears thinking about what his teacher must be wondering when he draws stuff like this in school.....:wink:

Attached Files:

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Like those drawings. He can never fish too much.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You can tell those drawings are comming from the heart. He is hooked. You must be proud. Thanks.:smile2:

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Branden, i never heard the term "fishes too much"

what does that mean?:smile2:

5. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    You gotta love that!! You've got a fishing buddy for life. Brings back memories when my kids were young.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nice pictures. He's got talent .Don't suppose he's trying to tell pop something do you.Like lets go fishing.

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cool pictures, it's pretty awesome that kids get into fishing like that, especially when nowdays all the kids want to do is sit inside and play videogames. You should be proud. Glad to see you are starting them out on the right foot!:wink:

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think that is a theoretical term coined by someone who has never fished. If you start finding drawings pipe bombs, coffins, girls with purple hair, or guys with rainbow tattoos, it's time to worry. Right now I think you and your son are in great shape.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It could be worse... :crazy:

This one is by my son, from first grade. Never did get a call from the teacher...

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks to me like the boys got his priorities straight. LOL!

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That is Awesome!!! You must be so proud! I know I would be!:big_smile:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Branden those Photos are Hysterical!!!! Gotta love it. I like Marty's Kid's drawing too. Just make sure he knows Marty, that Beer, comes from the EASTIES side of the state. :smile2:

13. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Rotf the asian carp pic is hilarious. Those are some good drawings thou. The beer bottle pic someone posted made me about tear. Thats way too funny

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Marty, that's awesome! Mine likes to shoot beer cans with his bb gun. One day last year he walks on the school bus with an empty can he's riddled with BBs. Took the bus driver a minute to figure out he was showing off his marksmanship not trying to get rid of the shakes before another hard day in first grade. Luckily the guy was cool about it and just made him deposit it in the driveway before he pulled out....:smile2:

15. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    You have never met my wife :eek:oooh:, I hear this alot. Actually this month I've been grounded to 2 times a week.

Good to see young ones interested in the outdoors, and not tv and video games my daughter hunts and fishes also.

Do you think getting bait, should be considered fishing. I don't, she's trying to count that as once for the week. :angry:

16. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Reminds me of a song verse [I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn a country boy can survive.]
    Branden I do believe he is on the right track.

17. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Nice pics...Really...IS there such a thing as fishing too much, short of growing fins and gills...:wink: Ya got the boy on the right track, buddy...

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hunter, I've got the same problem. I'm down to 1 night a week, but getting bait doesn't count unless I take the boat. I'm tellin' you, it's like trying to figure out the DNR regulations between keeping which kid's turn it is to sit where in the boat, what constitutes fishing and what doesn't, etc, around the house...:eek:oooh:

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    They are all godd but the beer bottle one that Marty posted was hilarious.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Man that almost brought a tear to my eye.:cry:
    You both gotta be proud......