Maybe moving to the St. louis area

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by jeffjbeard, May 10, 2006.

1. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Woiuld like some info on the collinsvelle area and surrounding small towns thanks

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    So, your crossing over the river and gonna be one of them there foreigners, huh?

Sad, so sad. We had such high hopes for ya too. Your parents must be very disappointed in ya. I bet the whole town of Warsaw is holdin their heads down in shame, wondering where they went wrong in raisin ya. It's bad enough moving to the city, we gotta do what we gotta do, but to Illi"NOISE"??? Come to your senses, boy!

They can't even produce decent catfishermen over there. I can prove it. You look at the small lakes in MO near St. Louis, they aint any got much catfish worth braggin about, cause we caught them all out of there. Now over in that "eastern" side of the river, state, they got lakes all over the place with great catfishing oppourtunities. Why? Cause they don't know how to catch the dang things, over there. See? I told ya I could prove it!

3. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Well Kutter fill me in on the praise's of Arnold

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh, I could never do that. It's not polite to brag. LOL

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    First of all Kutter our you form L.A.(LOWER Aronald)?Sometime I think Kutter with our shoes on you could count to 20:big_smile:and in some lake's you Mo. boy's need to uses something called CATCH AND RELEASE.Last thing who caught the world record blue not a MO BOY a ILLINIOS MAN.:big_smile: Back to you Jeff make a trade of info with you.I'm going to Truman lake in the first weekend of August 10 miles west of Warsaw. I never fished Truman before.
    Kutter says that ILLINOIS MEN DON'T KNOW HOW TO CATFISH. Then why is he on the local Illinois site.I'm just giving Kutter a hard time, he has helped me out alot. THANKS KUTTER.

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Not real familar with that area of the lake I mainly fish below the dam as I do not have a boat. I have heard that KK Island is a real hot spot for blues and whit and hybrid bass. There is a guy at our chuch that brought in some pics of some real nice flat heads from up around the Deepwater area.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I think I just got slurred, not sure though. LOL

Jeff, don't pay me no never mind. I fish the Mississippi River, but if I would decide to fish a lake or smaller river, it's over to Illinois for me. There aint squat to fish around here as far as lakes are concerned. When the freezer gets low, I head up the Illinois River to Harden for some juggin.

Team Catter, the guy you need to get ahold of is Diodeman. He knows Truman's catfish better than anyone else I have heard of. He doesn't post often, but I think he reads a lot of posts in the MO section. I have gotten ton's of info from him through emails. Mostly what I was looking at was below the dam, but he knows the whole lake. See if you can PM him.

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'm 5 miles from collinsville.. what kinda info did you need..

9. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    A friend of mine practically lives at the kaskaskia and he's got a home in collinsville. My guess is it could be close.

10. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Well what areas are nive to live in for one also where to find rentals in the area would help. Good fishing areas right around the genaral area lakes rivers

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Collinsville, Granite City, Pontoon Beach, have better prices on rent.. Edwardsville. Glen Carbon, Maryville are higher but better neighborhoods.. If you have a boat you can't park it at your house in the last 3 places.. I have to keep mine at storage unit.. Edwardsville Intelligenser newspaper.. Alton telegraph are good areas to look online for rental houses and apartments.. Silver Lake in Highland 25 hp limit is 15 minutes away.. Mississippi River at Chain of Rocks and also Alton Dam are also close.. Carlysle Lake 1 hr away... Rend Lake 1 1/2 hrs away.. Hope this helps..

12. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Thank you Harold I am glad to know the local papers it helps alot