maybe mini sinker maker

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kscathunter, Jan 11, 2010.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I dont want to step on any toes or detour any one from going to the big one because i went last year and it was great. but i know some would like to do this some were closer. so me and a couple others were thinking of doing another one on another day. mini melter lol. it wouldnt have to be a big party with food and all like the other one unless everyone would want to. just an idea and another chance to get together. :meeting: thoughts

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Brandon I like your idea but not everyone is going to be close to one of these get togethers no manner where its at. We have members coming to this one thats going to be driving for 6 hrs to get there.And when someone offers their place for a big group to meet and pour sinkers of all differant kind to last everyone a yr or more of fishing the drive aint that bad.

But Hell I'm just going for the food and the company that these guys seem to provide wherever they decide to meet at.

I can pour lead all day long at my house but its not as fun without this bunch there with me..

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yep i totally understand thats why i was saying mini. for some locals that maybe cant make the date or trip or just cant make it for some other reason but need some or need a different kind ect.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Brandon I hope you make the one at Rays house and i thank you for maybe getting one going at your place for the ones that cant make this one.Heck I might even be there. Your pretty close to one of the Best BBQ rib houses in the country.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    witch bbq are you talking about?

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I might be wrong.I thought there was a rib house east of Beto junction that served ribs?

But I might have your town confused with another one.

You do know I'm getting old!!

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    must have, ive herd of beto i think but have no idea. im just south of the ever expanding kansas city metro aera and straight east of pamona put the 2 together and id be at the intersection

8. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    Tom you are thinking of the bbq rib place in Williamsburg,,east of BETO....

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sorry Brandon..

I knew it was a town down that way somewhere...Thx Bill

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    KC is three hours ans Wichita is two and a half. Like Tom says, no place is close for everyone. I don't think you are stepping on toes. If some from that area just can't make it nothing wrong with havin another get together to do it. I may just have to voulenteer to host the big one next year and let you guys drive up my way.

11. ZachDinicola

ZachDinicola Member

State:
    Greatbend/Hays
    I think the idea is a nice gesture but i dont know how well it would work out.. the big one will have all the food, lead, and molds you could ever want and unless the few that would make it to the smaller one have these resourcess i think it would be a waste.. nothing personal or anything.. anyways i could walk to rays from my house =P..

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I have to travel quite a ways to get to most of the gatherings and other functions. Never stopped me from going. Ive made every one.Cant expect everything to be a half an hour away.:wink:
    I guarantee it will be worth the drive, no matter how long the drive is.:cool:

13. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    I know that I have regretted every one of the gatherings that I have had to miss. Mary don't
    laugh at any of my jokes anymore, she finds them irritating. Mature relationship, I guess.

14. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Kyle,
    No you haven't made every one. You missed the Pomona gathering in July of 03. LOL Jim, Calvin, Charlie, Gary and I are the only active members that made that gathering.

I've even included a picture of Gary's monster catch! LOL

Attached Files:

15. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Shelby, Rob and a couple other local members have been planning on melting some lead out in my garage sometime soon. I want to make the big lead pour though just depends on if I can get free or not. My wife is in school full time and will be really busy in February.

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Not an entirely accurate statement. I caught one almost twice that big in the castnet. That pic was the best I could do on rod and reel though.

17. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    We'll take you up on that Jay. LOL
    I was hoping we could get a roving thing going so that its not an inconvenience for the same people all the time. Spread the convenience around so to speak.
    Brandon, I really hope you can make it, it was a pleasure meeting you last year. If you can't make it, we understand, and hopefully we can catch up at the next one. ( At Jays, LOL)

18. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Geoff, I wasnt a member then.:=:):laugh:

19. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    You wasn't out of diapers then.:rotfl::beer:

20. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    03, I was 19. Took a small break from fishin and went chasin a different kind of kitty.:bulgy-eyes::hypnotized::smile-big:
    Caught a keeper and went back to fishin.:wink::biggrin:
    Fishin is alot cheaper.:quiet: