Maybe changing dates for Degray Gathering next year.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Jun 2, 2008.

Which Month do you prefer? If we change DeGray Dates.

1. April (2nd weekend of the month)

2. May (Keep it the same)

3. October (First weekend of the month)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Ok this is just a poll on maybe changing DeGray dates. We usually have them in Early May. But with the way the weather has been in the last 2 years for Keystone. If they change there dates around, then we may do the same. Seeing how we attend Keystone also. So put in your votes.

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Tricia,
    Not sure what will happen yet for Keystone. Just getting settled back in and haven't really discussed it with anyone. Been too busy trying to get hail damage dealt with. As widespread as it was last weekend, the adjusters are really busy.
    I voted for you to leave DeGray alone for now.:wink:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I voted with Mike. Don't think I really want Keystone dates changed. We've been thumped twice and seldom catch a fish... but we sure do get a lot of time for visiting. For sure I wouldn't want Keystone any later in the year...you out of towners couldn't take the heat (and tornado's too). LOL

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks Mike and Lawrence. Newton said the same. He said" Honey we got a whole year." And I know that. :wink: But i was wondering how others would feel IF we did change it. And what would be the best Month to have it in. Just was thinking. :big_smile:

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I have not voted yet! As i feel it is too early to decide on a change! As for weather - it is totally unpredictable! But, you can beat it does make you think and plan ahead so that precations can be taken to help prevent damage as bad as what K6 received. It will not detour me going to K7. But, will defintely try to plan ahead and take precautions when I do go!!

We might be in trouble- Angelkitty is "thinking"!:crazy: LOL. Sorry Honey, I love you too much to not pick on ya!!!:smile2:

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Awwwwwwwwww heck lets just have one once a month:eek:oooh::big_smile:

Just kidding.

Although it would be nice spending the weekends with all you folks again.
    Just no way I could afford the gas:eek:oooh:

Think I'm gonna try and convert my truck so that it runs off of beans. They give me plenty of gas.:wink::smile2:

I voted for april. I think the fish are usually more active then. Winter is leaving and the water is warming up. The fish start getting more active and burn more energy so they have to feed more and also have to start fattening up for the spawn.

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    So are you thinking along these lines? ... (See attachment)

Attached Files:

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Not too sure My step-son can get one of those for me. But, that won't work either if it floods like it has been, tanks don't float.
    But will definately Plan ahead for K7.

We have been Fortunate in the last few years at degray to have decent weather! Later would mean hotter weather - earlier would mean either wetter or colder weather. Will just have to wait and see what progresses.