Maybe a good Carp Bait recipe???..

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by BigCat4, Aug 20, 2006.

1. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    recipe-
    2 cups of flour
    water
    1 can of cream corn
    strawberry extract or strawberry jello

peporation-
    mix flour and water till it doughy
    put in corn and strawberry extract or jello and mix
    if its to runny add as much flour it takes.....

i hope it works

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If it doesn't work try this one.

1 box red jello
    1 cup oats
    1/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup cornmeal
    2 teaspoons Anise seed (optional)

follow the directions on jello box but add Anise seed to water before it boils. While waiting for the water to boil mix all dry ingredients together. when water boils add all dry mix and keep on the heat for about 30 seconds. remove from heat and place on wax paper/foil to cool. PLace in a ziplock bag and use on a #4 treble hook.

3. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    good idea i think i might try that next week sometime ill tell you how it works

4. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Hello Everyone,

The only bait I use for carp is just plain old oatmeal, make sure it is quick oats. Just put some in your hand and get it wet and squeeze it into a ball that is a little bit bigger than a grape and squeeze it around your hook. I live in Minnesota and the carp hear absolutely love it. Just make sure when you set your rod down that you loosen your drag because the carp sometimes pick the bait up and run like crazy and you dont want to end up looseing your rod do to the fish swimming off with it. I fish almost everyday and I always bring oatmeal. A little bit of info that you probably didn't know, carp are the only fish that can taste the differance between sweet, salty, sour, and bitter and they prefer sweet so adding sugar to your doughbait can improve your luck.

Take Care Everyone!
    Sincerly, Kevin
    Your Fellow Fisherman

5. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Add an egg or two to the recipe. Make up to a stiff dough. Take the dough by teaspoons full and roll into balls. Bring a pot of water to the boil and drop the balls into the water. Don't crowd. When the balls float, they are done. The carp fishermen call these 'boilies'. The advantage of the egg and cooking is that the bait stays on the hook and won't melt in the water. I made up a batch using stale cheerios, red kool aid, vanilla egg and some extra sugar.