Maybe a BOC Gathering in Arizona?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by explayer, Mar 28, 2006.

1. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I would like know if anybody knows or has gathering in arizona around phoenix or Tucson area or would like set up so we can all get together and fish for some flatheads

2. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    I think that would be a great idea. We could have a BBQ, do some fishing and just shoot the breeze. Maybe even have a contest and prize as to who gets the biggest fish of the day. I would be willing to donate a $75.00 gift card from the Sportsmans warehouse. Explayer could bring the rest.

It would be a great to meet other members from AZ. Lets DO IT

3. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Bring you is that what u are saying

I was thinking roosevelt lake I heard that that flathead there are huge still waiting to catch my first

4. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    we will definatly have a gathering this summer. last summer we had one at Bartlett lake and we had a lot of fun. there was a fishing tourniment to, biggest of five and biggest fish. a 10 pound flathead and a 5 pound channel took both catagories( my fish:thumbsup: :thumbsup:) lol. each person put 20 bucks in and we fished from 6 pm to 6 am.maybe we could have one at Roosavelt this summer?
    next week there is a AZ/CA gathering at the colorado river( see ''colorado fish and camp list'' if intrested) a bunch of people are going, cant wait!

5. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    would mind but that is a long trip from tucson but matt thank you letting me know I sure want to go this year if not to far away

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Count me in either Rosey or Bartlett doesnt matter. I am willing to contribute what I can to assist. I will also speak for TopJimmy as well. He may not be able to financially help... but he will no doubt attend. Let me know what you all decide.

7. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    will do I

I really think roosevelt would be the place I am thinking around Mid May to end of may

But please let me know what dates are best

8. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ

9. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    im definitely down with that

10. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I think we can pull this off for mid May or Late it doesnot matter What are the best dates for u guys

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I might be interested in attending that one also! I have family in pheonix, I havent seen for awhile and maybe could cordinate a visit with a gathering! Keep me posted please!

12. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    will do thank you

13. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Is there a good place for group camping at Roosevelt? At Bartlett you can pick a spot on the beach and park yourself... is this possible at Roosevelt? Does everyone have a boat or are there people who are shore fisherman?

An AZ gathering would be super cool.

14. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I will have to check to see where we could camp but I would be shore fishing because I don't have boat unless the wife gets me one or I win the lotto

15. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    yeah, there are really good camping places at roosevelt. the last time i was there, we camped at this campground and i was able to take a short downhill walk to a cove that would be great for cats. i believe it is the windy hill campground.

16. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I am going up there middle of next week to fish I will check it out and see where the best place would be

17. cassidythedog

cassidythedog New Member

State:
    arizona
    is there any places to park on the beach at rosevelt? Is it all camp grounds? Would attend with topjimmy if he goes.:)

18. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    You would have to park a camp site and walk a little bit but thanks for asking
    Please let me know when it the best time for you guys

19. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I would prefer the second week in June as I am booked to the gills (no pun intended) untill then.

20. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I was looking at my calender and that was acuttly better for me two so I am understanding the second weekend in june is the best