May Outting

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Sparky Larson, May 22, 2006.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Well, I guess I should give a report on the week-end fishing trip. Due to the fact that everyone had other things cooking, Don and I were the lonely fisherman. Friday, was rainy and cold, so we decided to wait until Saturday when the weather was a little warmer.
    We got to a fishing hole about 1:00pm and fished for an hour or so, then moved to another spot. We knew the wind was going to be blowing out of the north northwest so we left the boat at home. What the heck, Don and I both enjoy Bank fishing. When we moved to the river hole, the wind was still blowing pretty hard. ( different boats were going out, but they weren't staying long). We fished til about 9:00pm, with not much to show for it. I had a lot of bites, but couldn't seem to make a hookup. Then finally I got in a nice 29" 4 1/2lb Northern Pike. At this point, I gave Don a lesson on how to fillet a Pike with no bones. At least I didn't get skunked! A little later landed another pike, but it was only about 20" long.
    Don, did manage to land a nice Cat a little shy of 8lbs.
    We thought that the wind would die down once the sun started to set, but that didn't happen. So as the sun disappeared, it looked liked a strom was brewing, so we packed things up and went home.

We didn't catch alot of fish, but we had some great conversation, grilled up a couple of weiners and drank a couple of cold ones. Like they say, if you go out every time and tons of fish, we would call it catching and not fishing!
    All in all, it was a good outting. Don, did take a couple of pics, which I'm sure he will post. I'm the one weighing that catfish, But Don was the one who landed it.
    Lucky for us, A few miles on our way home it started to rain, so we left just in time.
    Sparky

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I saw the pics this morning in my email inbox.

Good lookin pike there!

Heck, Ill take them in the fryer over nothing! You caught two more pike than me this year sparky!

3. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    By the way, was anyone lucky enough to spend a little time at there favorite catfish hole over the week-end? Or was it just Don and I who went out to brave the eliments!
    Sparky

4. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    As most of you know fishing with sparky is as fun as catching fish itself!:big_smile_2: and thanks agian sparky for the seat and rod holders!

5. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

I saw the pics in my email. Do any of you know how to take a bmp file and convert it so it can be posted here? I take it the pike is in the freezer? Sounds like that was a good call to cancel that weekend excursion because of the weather. Glad to hear you guys had a decent time...

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Bud Still sent me a link for a pic program called Irfanview, but you can get a link to the 900k free version through a google search of "irfanview, free". I open bmp files in that program and click "save as", type in the name and then in the window below the filename, I click jpg. Once it is saved, I resize it and post it.

I can do this to those pics if you like... but I suggest you get irfanview for yourself. I showed Don how I did it and loaded it into his cpu when I was there... try it out... you have nothing to lose, as it is free.

Sal

7. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Thanks Sal. I'll make it happen when we Don and Sparky catch a flathead! ROTFLOL!

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Open in Irfanview, or even mspaint and "save as" jpg.

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Here's one of the pics. That was a pretty easy conversion in paint. LOL. Thanks Jeb...

Attached Files:

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    hmm.... I didnt get a flatty yet this year, but I am more apt to believe Ill get 10 more dogfish before they land their mysterious flatties.

We gotta take a night in july and go out to the k-zoo. We may all land em that night.
    Only problem is, (and you will see this in june) my boat will NOT fit down that river under any circumstances.

Maybe we ought to go to grand haven?

11. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    No, that pike is not in the freezer! My wife and I are having it for dinner tonight. Fried Pike, Fresh Asparagus with cream sauce, a little cole slaw and some french fries or hash browns. I just doesn't get any better than that.
    Sparky