May need a new blender??

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Mike81, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Made up some bait marinade tonight. Gonna inject some whole large shrimp and cut bait with it and soak them in it all day tomorrow before I go out for the night. I'll have other bait, shad, cut/live gills, night crawlers too but gonna try this concoction to see if it will interest some eaters.
    Combined:
    About 4 dozen small shad(2 inch), thawed till they were bloody.
    1 whole jar of crushed garlic
    20 cloves of fresh garlic
    1 cup if vegetable oil
    3 cups of warm water

Blended to a delicious smooth cocktail. Made a little more than a quart. I'll let ya know how I do...:wink:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Went by the grocery store early this morning they had some shrimp marked down to $4 for quick sale and a big bag of octopus parts for $3. I got both marinating in my shad/garlic concoction. I am going tonight or early morning, I'll let ya know if it produces.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It sounds like a great shark attractor.Are you close to the bay?We don't have Flatheads,so I don't know about them.Around here,fresh bait has done best for me.I have bought everything I could think of to try in the last 50 years and fresh always does better.I envy you people that can use other baits.It is weird how the same species will bite one bait in one body of water and refuse it in another right around here.

i love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee