May Mayhem Gathering Discussion

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jason454ci, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Well it's time to get this ball rolling again on our annual May Mayhem gathering. This will be the 5th year for this event and I hope it is as fun and enjoyable as every other one has been. I would like to thank everyone who has attended one of them for making them a great success. Without all of ya showing up and having a good time it would just be a weekend of me sitting on the bank looking stupid.

As for a date it has to be in May of course. I'm leaning toward the weekend of the 21,22,23. That's the weekend before Memorial day so boat traffic shouldn't be too bad. Any earlier than that it is usually a bit chilly out as we have found out in the past. Let me know how this date will work out for everyone.

As far as the location everyone throw some ideas out there and we will go from there. And please let's not start a battle over where it's going to be held. It's only one event and can't be held in all for corners of the state at the same time.

So go ahead and chime in with your suggestions and let's try to make this the biggest and best one yet.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dates sound good to me I will do my best to be there at least one day hopefully be able to camp like last year. As far as location my wife liked Salt Fork and I know that there is good fishing there (well not for me LOL). I like that area or Dillon since there is a nice campground there also.

Edited to add this time I get to fish where Netmanjack was LOL

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    oh hell im in as long as i have no work but i never know
    im up for anything location wise everybody gonna be in tents or any in campers
    boats or bank ???
    beer or whiskey LOL
    im game you all pick date and location
    thanks to all if there is anything i can do to help please let me know as i am willing to help all with anything

4. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I like Salt fork too. You had a good turn out last year I think p;us as some know you have a chance for a good flathead. Then you also have Senneca, Tappan over here to the east which also hold good fish. More central you got Dillon, Buckeye, Hoover, and the mighty Musk or Licking rivers too. I guess what I am saying is just let me know where and I will be there.

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    has there ever been one on the ohio river say around hockingport or racine there several campgrounds around hockingport and old lock 24 campground in racine or you got forked run down there also if you would like to have it on the ohio .there is supposed to be bluecats in this area also wv stocks this pool with them

6. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Im up for Salt Fork, Dillon or something similar...maybe the Muskingum? The Ohio is an option but I am still planning on setting something up for early early to mid june on the Ohio near Cincinnati, so if we don't hit the river for this May Mayhem, then June we can cover it. I didn't make last years gathering at Salt Fork because of just getting my boat, I hope to make this one.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm of the same mind as Curt, lets get together twice, choose your poison as it were. lol
    This is the dawning of a new day here in Ohio, remember it, this will go down in the history of the USCA as the seed that brought the catfish nation together!:shout:

8. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    The 21st through 23rd Works for us. As the Ol'lady has to decide for her vacation by the 1st of Feb. I wouldn't mind having it at Dillon this year. Since we did Saltfork Last year. Camp facilities at Dillon are nice. Also Dillon will give people more shore access. And we have the Muskingum River to fish as well. Looking forward to spending time and BS'ing with everyone again this year. For the guys that have never attended one. Do your best to attend. You will definitely have a great time... Also in favor of having 2 of them this year, and will do my best to attend both. Since my season ended prematurely last year. And want to fish as much as possible this year to make up for it...

9. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well I never made it last year An Im looking forward to making it this year .Where ever is fine .Thanks Jason for getting this started

10. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wherever is fine with me and i plan to go wherever you have it BUT i think salt fork worked out great last year and there were some great fish caught...why fix something thats not broken...i submit my vote for salt fork again but it honestly doesnt matter that much to me....just let me know and ill plan to be there!

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I can only plan accordingly to my work schedule. I do enjoy seeing all of you birds though. rollo

12. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i would vote for slat fork or dillon jason, you can flat fish at either, thats including the muskingum on dillon since its only what 5 miles away, both campgrounds were fine and we caught nice fish at both, i would like to see 2 also, one on the ohio would be nice and i would attend both, thanks for getting this started and if you need any help just hollar

13. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I too like Dillon or Salt Fork Im gonna try to get it set up so the family can attend this year also. It was a great time last year even getting Skunked. Really looking forward to it again this year. Thanks Jason for getting this setup and making it such and enjoyable experience. Also lets cookout this year instead of Pizza! LOL!

14. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would like attend just depeneds on work though,(road construction). We are usaully busy by then.

15. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Salt fork is always a good choice. We had one at the Ohio about 4 or 5 yrs ago, I believe at the racine area. It seemed better for boat fishermen though. I can't remember how the turn out was, I got pnuemonia and had to leave bfore the first night ended.

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    LOL that was almost 7 years ago, turnout was OK the weather sucked and yes it was great for boaters. It was at Forked Run State park near Belpre.

17. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Hey Jason, that weekend sounds good to me. You know we'll be there, where ever you all deside to have it. We haven't missed one of your gatherings yet and thank you for all the work you do to make them a success.

18. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll be wherever you decide but will be paying my respects to Tony along the way!

19. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I'm in for saltfork if i aint got to work

20. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio