Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
went out to my favoritebluegill pond brought home 41 gills for friday night. me and mark are gonna try and duplicate our 300+ lb night from last weekend hopefully the honey hole hasnt run dry!! if its anything like last week were gonna need more bait!!!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
went out to my favoritebluegill pond brought home 41 gills for friday night. me and mark are gonna try and duplicate our 300+ lb night from last weekend hopefully the honey hole hasnt run dry!! if its anything like last week were gonna need more bait!!!
good luck Jesse and Mark. Jesse if you guys duplicate or better what you did last week that would be awesome. just remember to take extra batteries with ya for the cameras as i have a feeling you two are going to be taking lots of pictures again.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
sorry Jesse i forgot to post here. caught a 7 pound channel last night. just over 20 inches long and had a head that was absolutely huge. head was actually bigger than the 12 pounder i caught a few weeks ago. that fish is gonna be a monster in a few years. head was all knotted up so i would think they should be spawning here shortly. still no flatheads for me yet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went to the honey hole last night,with mark and my buddy from italy named david.Things started off as usual gettin hits left in right, only thing differnt from previous weeks was we couldnt hook them at last count i think mark missed his first 9 runs a couple the fish would be on half way to the boat and either the hook popped or the fish just let the bait go.there were alot of little fish in 5lb range being caught which tells me one thing that the spawn is very very close with water temps touchin 70.we did manage a few decent flattys around 15lb,then the beginners luck rule took affect when my buddies rod went screamin,swung and hooked into what turned out to be the biggest flatty of the year so far a 32lb flatty.david has never fished for flats before,altough he is a seasoned catfisherman in italy,our techniques here are total different.he was so pumped up when that hog hit the floor of the boat heck i might have been even more excited them him since i dont think he knew what he had done.all in all i turned out to be another great trip on the mon.if the trend of the biggest fish of the night keeps getting bigger 28 then 31 now a 32 we should hopefully break that 50lb class before seasons end I HOPE!!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
i have a boat that our crew fishes out of most of the time. if i cant go they fish the bank near where we catch em on the boat. sometimes they catch fish sometimes they dont. a lot of guys on here bank fish.

·
Banned
100 Posts
i have a boat that our crew fishes out of most of the time. if i cant go they fish the bank near where we catch em on the boat. sometimes they catch fish sometimes they dont. a lot of guys on here bank fish.
If any of you guys is lookin for someone to go fishing with let me know. I went out for a bit today caught a 6 lb channel and some carp but it is kind boring fishing alone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
kinda risky taking folks you dont know too well to the fishin the holes you do know well. did that last year now i have to wonder weather a boat will be settin in one of my holes not to mention those same guys wanna shoot some flats with a bow. not sayin thats how youd be or thats the way it always happens but it only takes on rotten apple to spoil the whole pie. when i get to fishin some pools around the burg i dont fish much i may be willing to take you out if one of my regular crew isnt going. show people a picture of a 20 or 30 lb cat and they all wanna go. but if i have an empty seat ill keep you in mind

·
Banned
100 Posts
kinda risky taking folks you dont know too well to the fishin the holes you do know well. did that last year now i have to wonder weather a boat will be settin in one of my holes not to mention those same guys wanna shoot some flats with a bow. not sayin thats how youd be or thats the way it always happens but it only takes on rotten apple to spoil the whole pie. when i get to fishin some pools around the burg i dont fish much i may be willing to take you out if one of my regular crew isnt going. show people a picture of a 20 or 30 lb cat and they all wanna go. but if i have an empty seat ill keep you in mind
I totally understand, I'm just trying to find some people to fish with I grew up on the juniata river and it doesn't hold flatheads there so I really fished for them. I don't have any friends here yet because I just moved here couple weeks ago. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a small boat but she isn't very receptive to the idea. I bought an abu 6601 with a uglystick tiger light rod just for going after flathead but with all the water there's to much concrete everywhere and its hard to find places to get to the fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.